Merging PDF - issues with Radio buttons

Hello Support Team,

Issue: Merging two PDF files where one of the files has Radio buttons and if we make it first PDF(master) the merge works correctly and retains the Radio buttons chosen options correctly whereas if we make the PDF with radio buttons be appended to other PDF then the Radio buttons chose options gets either unchecked or flipped.

Below is Source Code:

pdfDocument = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(rootFile); // rootFile is the first PDF file
pdf = new com.aspose.pdf.Document(filepath ); // filepath is the second PDF file…
pdfDocument.getPages().add(pdf.getPages());
tempFile = java.io.File.createTempFile(“merge_”, “.pdf”); // delete temp file in finally…
pageCount = pdfDocument.getPages().size();
pdfDocument.save(tempFile.toString());

@v11krams

Thanks for contacting support.

Would you please share your sample PDF documents with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

Hello Asad,
These PDFs have patients personal information and could be shared. Can I setup a webex ? Please let me know your availability.

Thanks,
Vikram

@v11krams

We appreciate providing support and communication over support forums and I am afraid we would not be able to setup a meeting on webex. In case your files are private and you cannot share it publicly, please share them in a private message. This way only Aspose Staff will have access to them. In order to send a private message, you can click on username and select “Message” option.

Hello Support Team,
I am sharing the PDF files which are sample PDFs for the below issue.

Please note that the clicked Radio buttons are getting messed .
16519_680020019_Vomiting_16Oct2014 FUP_Non SAE_28Oct2016.pdf (90.8 KB)
19244_REFINE_160030001_SAE_#1_03_Aug_2018_15_24_SAE_Report.pdf (1.5 MB)

@v11krams

Thanks for sharing sample PDF documents.

We were able to replicate the mentioned issue in our environment and for the sake of correction, we have logged it as PDFJAVA-37909 in our issue tracking system. We will further investigate it in details and keep you posted with the status of its rectification. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Team,
Could you please give us approximate date when the fix for this defect will be ready ? For us this is a critical challenge due to compliance issues.

Kind Regards,
Vikram

@v11krams

Thanks for your inquiry.

As issue has recently been logged in our issue tracking system, it is still pending for an investigation due to large number of pending issues in the queue. Please note that the issue has been logged under free support model and will be resolved on first come first serve basis. We are afraid to share that issue may take months for a resolution and we are not able to share any reliable ETA for now.

Furthermore, we also offer paid support model where issues are resolved on urgent basis and have priority over the issues logged under free support model. You may please also check our Paid Support option over website. As soon as we have some significant updates regarding resolution progress, we will let you know. Please spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Asad,
Our procurement department is already in process of adding/upgrading our support to Paid Support. Is there a way you have the issues pushed to paid support to make sure that we get this issue’s resolution by the time purchase order of paid support goes complete ?

Our business is asking us status of this issue/fix. I am already chasing on our side to expedite the purchase process faster in the mean time.

Your all help is appreciated in this matter.

Kind Regards,
Vikram

@v11krams

Thanks for writing to us.

I am afraid that we cannot raise the priority of issue without paid support subscription. Please note that the logged ticket can be escalated and raised to priority/paid support, when it is reported/posted in paid support forums. As soon as you subscribe to paid support, you will have access to paid support platform with same email address used for subscription. Once the ticket reference is posted over Helpdesk, it will be escalated accordingly.

Hello Asad,
It took for us a while to make the purchase of paid support. and finally I was told that we have bought paid support now. Can you check our status of paid support in your system. This is for BAYER Germany.

Please also raise the priority of the issue or let me know if you need further details from me.

Kind Regards,
Vikram

@v11krams

Thanks for your inquiry.

In case you have subscribed to paid support, you should have access to Paid Support Forums using same email address used for subscription. In order to escalate your issue to high priority, you need to report issue reference in paid support forums. However, you may post in Aspose Purchase Forums if you are facing any issue while logging into Helpdesk.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-37909) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 19.10.