Metadata in 97-2003 .doc Files

Hello,

I’m interested in modifying a bunch of Word documents on our servers, but we are sensitive towards the metadata in the files compared to files that would have been saved by Microsoft Word. Before we purchase a license, I’d like to understand some of the implications with using Aspose.

Specifically, we have a bunch of 97-2003 .doc formatted files that we would presumably run through Aspose for Java, make some changes programmatically, then save. Do you have any details about which metadata fields are missing/changed/added to files passing through Aspose compared to files being saved my Microsoft Word?

Or even some A/B comparisons would be useful, if the documents are hosted somewhere.

Thanks!

@PEpstein

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the behavior of MS Word. Could you please share how are you processing documents through Aspose.Words? Please also share following detail for testing.

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Thanks for the reply. I should specify that we aren’t using Aspose.Words right now. I’d like to understand the implications of the library and just how closely it mimics the behavior of MS Word before purchasing.

Is there any indication that MS Word-supported metadata is altered or removed when passing through the Aspose.Words library?

@PEpstein

Aspose.Words does not remove or alter any metadata when you re-save document. However, If you perform any document processing tasks using MS Word that removes the metadata, Aspose.Words will do the same.

If you face any issue in this case, please share the detail of issue along with documents. We will investigate the issue and provide you more information on it.