Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Metered license not working for Aspose.PDF

My company has a metered license for the Aspose.Total package.

I am working on a Java (Kotlin) application using several of the Aspose SDKs: Words, Cells, Slides, PDF and Imaging.

All of the aforementioned SDKs are initialized successfully with the metered license public/private keys, except for Aspose.PDF, which just gives an error stating “Authentication failed”.

For what it’s worth I had to update to the latest version of the other SDKs to get them to work as well. Using version 20.6 of them also resulted in the authentication error.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there an admin portal I need to log in to to enable Aspose.PDF or something?

@mmcog

Would you please provide your public/private keys so that we can test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly. Please share them in a private message by clicking over username and pressing Blue Message Button.

Thank you for the quick response.

However I am hesitant to share my keys via private message on a forum like that. Is this the only way to get help with this issue? Perhaps you have your own example keys you could test my case with?

The following should be everything you need to reproduce the issue. This is Aspose.PDF version 20.11, and pdf.setMeteredKey() is the call raising the exception.

import com.aspose.pdf.Metered as PdfMetered
val pdf = PdfMetered()
pdf.setMeteredKey("meteredPublicKey", "meteredPrivateKey")

@mmcog

We are checking the functionality at our side with the latest version of the API and will get back to you as soon as we have results.

@mmcog

We tested the scenario while using our own keys and were unable to reproduce the issue. Furthermore, the issue you are facing seems to be on server side. Would you kindly try to update your keys and use updated keys to set the license. In case you still face any issue, please let us know.

@mmcog

We are further investigating the issue as per your feedback shared with our sales team. The investigation ticket has been logged as PDFJAVA-39980 in our issue tracking system and you will be notified once it is resolved. Please give us little time.

We apologize for the inconvenience faced.

@mmcog

We have fixed the issue in Aspose.PDF for Java 20.11.1 hotfix which you can use now. Please let us know in case you still face any issue.

That did indeed solve the issue. Thank you!

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-39980) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 20.12.