Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Method for flowing floating box text onto another page if necessary?

When the contents of a floating box reach the end of a page, they are suddenly cut off. No page is added, and the content does not flow onto another page. This is functionality I want to include. I cannot find any documentation regarding this or any other topics. Is there a way to do this?

In other words, if the content of a floating box reaches the bottom of a page, I want to generate a new page and have the content continue to flow onto that new page.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Micah,

Thanks for your inquiry. Can you please share your sample code/output document here? So we look into it and provide you more information accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience faced.

Best Regards,

Sorry for the late reply. An example code snippet that would reproduce the behavior I’m trying to change is:

Pdf pdf = new Pdf();
Section section = pdf.Sections.Add();

FloatingBox fb = new FloatingBox();
fb.Top = 10.0f;
fb.Left = 10.0f;

section.Paragraphs.Add(fb);

fb.BoxWidth = 50.0f;
fb.Paragraphs.Add(new Text(“asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf”));

pdf.Save(…) //you get the idea

Using this code, the floating box is longer than the height of a page. If you look at the bottom, text is cut off – you can see the top half of some text as this happens. I would like, instead, to have this text spill on to a new page rather than be cut off. I am simply wondering if there is a way to achieve that behavior.

Thanks.

Hi Micah,

Thanks for sharing the code snippet.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif””>I
have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the
sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-35013. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. <o:p></o:p>

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Micah,

Thanks for your patience.

We have further looked into the issue that you have reported and in order to resolve this problem, please try using Document Object Model of Aspose.Pdf namespace to generate the correct output. Please try using the following code snippet to generate the correct output. For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

[C#]

Document doc = new
Document();<o:p></o:p>

Page page = doc.Pages.Add();

Aspose.Pdf.FloatingBox fb = new Aspose.Pdf.FloatingBox();

fb.Top = 10.0f;

fb.Left = 10.0f;

page.Paragraphs.Add(fb);

fb.Width = 50.0f;

fb.Paragraphs.Add(

new TextFragment(

"asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfsdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf"));

fb.IsNeedRepeating = true;

doc.Save(“c:/pdftest/FoatingBox_Issue.pdf”);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35013) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan