MICR (CMC-7) reading support

I would like to know if any of the Aspose products provides reading capabilities for MICR (CMC-7) printed information.

@ybs,

We have two relevant APIs, i.e., Aspose.BarCode and Aspose.OCR to detect/read from scanned images (PNG, JPEG, TIFF, etc.) or other formats. Could you please share sample image(s) for MICR (CMC-7) which you need to read/detect. We will check it soon.

Here is one:
20230117_141128.jpg (1.5 MB)

and here is another:
20230117_130458.jpg (2.5 MB)

@ybs,

Thanks for the sample image files.

Regarding Aspose.BarCode, we need to investigate if we can support reading MICR (CMC-7).

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): BARCODENET-38503

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

We will discuss this next week on our technical meeting, but we decided to remove MICR support from Barcode project and add it to OCR project, but currently we have not done this yet.

I see. Thanks for the update.

Do you have any estimated release date for this change?

@ybs,

No, there is no update on it at the moment. We will share latest updates on it soon.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

@ybs,

We discussed the matter in our technical meeting and decided to pass this task to Aspose.OCR team. Currently, Aspose.OCR team is investigating the MICR standard.