Microsoft Office file Validation Add-in warning and ClearData option problem

Hi, Aspose team!

It’s me again and now i have 2 problems.

First one is related to Microsoft’s feature called “Microsoft Office file Validation Add-in”. This add-in (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=2807) is downloaded automatically for Office 2003 in one of latest updates. At least is presents in 11.8341.8341.
Of course we can uninstall it from our system, but we can’t recommend it to our clients.

Problem happens, when you open xls file with certain page (Market Environment), then save it in new file. Initial file doesn’t show any warnings. Output file contains this warning.

Second problem is related to “format.ClearData = true;” line which is commented initially.
If you uncomment it, then figures in the output file will be messed up.
We removed it from our code for now, but it seems, that this option is supposed to help with memory consumption problem. So it will be good, if it won’t mess up output files.

Thank You in advance,
Denis

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET

I was able to replicate the problem using the following code with the latest version:
Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.1.2.5

I have attached the screenshot and the source and output files.

We have logged this issue in our database. Development team will look int your issues and once the issues are fixed or we have some update available, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-40556.

C#

string filePath = @“F:\test_template.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(filePath);

workbook.Save(filePath + “.out.xls”);

Hi,

We have fixed this issue.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET

v7.1.2.6.

Hi, Shakeel Faiz!

Thank You! I’ve checked - warning is gone now.
But could you, please try to uncomment line 39 "format.ClearData = true;"
You will see, that all contols(figures) will be messed up. They will change their position.

This is another issue. I just wanted to save up Forum’s space and combined 2 issues in one thread. If it’s needed, I can startup new thread of discussion.

Thank You in advance,
Denis

Hi,

Please always create new thread for newer issues.

Could you please now create a new thread for your this specific issue. Please provide simplest of code possible and if you could illustrate your problem with screenshots, then your issue will be quickly sorted out by development team.

Please note, each thread deals with specific issue only. Keep the thread title short but descriptive, it will be helpful for other forum users as well as Aspose Staff members.

Thanks for your cooperation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40556) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.