Microsoft Word shapes and mail merge

Any merge fields inside an Aspose Word document can only be populated if the mail merge is executed twice. Is there some method that will handle shapes, or is this a bug?

Correction: Any merge fields inside shapes in a Word document template can only be populated if the Aspose mail merge is executed twice. Is there some method that will handle shapes, or is this a bug?

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case you are using an older version of Aspose.Words, I would suggest you please upgrade to the latest version (v14.11.0) from here and let us know how it goes on your side. If the problem still remains, please attach your input Word document here for testing. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi Tahir,

Attached is part of my report. There are two merge fields inside a shape and one inside a header.

My code looks like this and it does not populate the fields:

doc.MailMerge.Execute(
new string[] { “ParticipantName”, “ReportDate” },
new object[] { “Mr. Bond”, “December - 2014” });

Thanks
Lee

Hi Lee,

Thanks for sharing the document. I
have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at
my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our
issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11165. I have linked this forum thread
to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once
this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11165) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.