Migrating SSIS packages that reference Aspose.Cells from SQL Server 2005 to 2008 R2

We are trying to migrate some SSIS packages from Sql Server 2005 to Sql Server 2008 R2 which are referencing Aspose.Cells. In 2008 R2 in the SSIS package we add the reference to the aspose.cells.dll and it compiles with no problems but then when we run the SSIS package we are getting the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Aspose.Cells, Version=5.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Aspose.Cells, Version=5.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56'
at ScriptTask_21fd2f28ccb941ea86310d2d67eaa613.vbproj.ScriptMain.Main()

We are having this problem on a production machine (soon to be) so any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells

Please download and try this latest fix of Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.2.0.7 and see if it solves your problem.

Please let us know about your feedback.

Thanks

I wanted to use the same version of Aspose.Cells in our web project and our SSIS package so I tried using the new dll in my existing web project and now the web project has lots of errors saying that

Error 17 'Style' is not a member of 'Aspose.Cells.Cell'.

Hi,

Could you please elaborate, which product you are using? Because there are two different components.

1. Aspose.Cells for .NET
  2. Aspose.Cells for Reporting Servcies.

If you are using the first one i.e Aspose.Cells for .NET, then please see, now you will have to upgrade your code.

Most problems you will encounter are related to Style object.

Earlier you used to set/read style related information from Cell.Style property.

Now, instead of using Cell.Style property you use the following getter/setters.

1. Cell.GetStyle();
  2. Cell.SetStyle();

For example, here is a simple code that reads style information of cell A1

C#

Cell cellA1 = worksheet.Cells[“A1”];

Style styleA1 = cellA1.GetStyle();