Migrating to ASPOSE version 11.2.0.0 from 3.6.0.0

Hello team,

I am migrating my application to .Net 4.0 and ASPOSE 11.2.0.0. Previous version used for ASPOSE was 3.6.0.0. After adding new DLLs of ASPOSE i am facing some issues. Please help me to resolve.

1. We were using Aspose.Words.document.SaveOptions.ExportImagesFolder with older version of Aspose.Words, with new DLL, its throwing error as “‘Aspose.Words.Document’ does not contain a definition for ‘SaveOptions’ and no extension method ‘SaveOptions’ accepting a first argument of type ‘Aspose.Words.Document’ could be found”

BookmarkEnd bookmarkEnd;
Node node = bookmarkEnd;
Document doc = node.Document;

In above code its throwing error as “Cannot implicitly convert type ‘Aspose.Words.DocumentBase’ to ‘Aspose.Words.Document’. An explicit conversion exists”

Thanks,
Sadanand

Hi Sadanand,

Thanks for your inquiry. We suggest you please upgrade to the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 15.12.0. If you still face problem, please create a standalone/runnable simple application (for example a Console Application Project) that demonstrates the code (Aspose.Words code) you used to reproduce this issue and share it here for testing purposes.

Hi Sadanand,

Thanks for your inquiry.

1. The options defined in the Document.SaveOptions property from previous versions has been split into separate classes to which the members belong. For example the SaveOptions.HtmlExportImagesFolder has been moved to the HtmlSaveOptions.ImagesFolder property of the HtmlSaveOptions class. Similarly the SaveOptions.TxtExportHeadersFooters has been moved to TxtSaveOptions.ExportHeadersFooters property of the TxtSaveOptions class. These objects are now passed to the Document.Save method as a parameter. Also, the SaveOptions is an abstract base class now for classes that allow the user to specify additional options when saving a document into a particular format. Please refer to the Aspose.Words.Saving Namespace.

2. DocumentBase is a abstract base class for a main document and a glossary document of a Word document. Please use the following code now:

BookmarkEnd bookmarkEnd
Node node = bookmarkEnd;
Document doc = (Document)node.Document;

Please also refer to the Migrating from Earlier Versions of Aspose.Words section of documentation for more details. If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thank you so much for your support. I have resolved the issues.

Regards,
Sadanand