Minor html conversion problems

We’ve been testing out Aspose.Words and I wanted to give you guys some detailed feedback on you doc->html conversion. Maybe you have some workarounds for these problems.

• paragraph borders don’t follow the Word model when exported. For example in Word, if you have 4 paragraphs with the same border properties, you get a single border around all 4 paragraphs. (1 box). When converted to html each individual paragraph has its own border.
  • List numbers don’t keep their formatting. bold, italic, etc.
  • It looks like you don’t optimize sequential character runs that may have the same character properties. This leads to unnecessary spans in the document and there will sometimes be a space in the middle of a word because of the new span.
  • Tables are always 100% width. This sometimes causes a horizontal scrollbar to appear when viewing the html page

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. Regarding items 1, 2 and 4, could you please attach sample documents, which will allow me to reproduce the problems. I will investigate them and provide you more information.

Regarding item 3 (optimizing spans), there are JoinRunsWithSameFormatting method, which concatenates runs with same formatting. So you can try just calling this method before saving document as HTML.

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/aspose.words.document.joinrunswithsameformatting.html

Best regards.

Hi Chris,

As I’ve said in another post, we will look at all requests from Atlassian with extra attention. Your test documents will be appreciated.

Hey Roman,

thanks for offering your support! Very much appreciated!

Combining the character runs actually solved one of our problems. We’ll provide you with example documents for the other problems shortly.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

It is nice to hear that one of your problems is already resolved. I am waiting for your additional inputs.

Best regards.

Hi!

See the attachments for example for issues 1 and 2. I was unable to reproduce the table width issue, so regard that one as solved until I can give you a sample document.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce both of these issue on my side.

1. The problem occurs because text formatting in DOCX document is specified using Word 2007 Themes. At the moment, Aspose.Words does not fully supports themes, that is why font is changed from Calibri to Times New Roman. I linked your request to the appropriate issue.

2. I created new issue regarding this problem.

We will let you know once these issues are resolved.

Best regards.

Hey Alex,

the problem is not just the different font, but the text formatting. “a” is not bold and “b” is not italic.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for additional information. But I cannot reproduce this problem on my side. Most likely you are using some old version of Aspose.Words for testing. I use the latest version (7.0.0). You can download it from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/category1188.aspx

I also attached HTML produced on my side.

Best regards.

Hi Alex,

we are using the Java version 3.1.1.1. I’ll upgrade to the latest 3.2.1 release and try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Hi Chris,

I tested your document with Aspose.Words for Java 3.2.1 and it seems all works fine. I attached the output HTML.

Best regards.

Hey Alex,

I’ve upgraded to version 3.2.1 of Aspose Words for Java and can confirm that the issue with the list item formatting is fixed.
The only issue we see right now is related to the borders for paragraphs as described above. Do you have any estimates on when this is going to be fixed?

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your inquiry. I will consult with our developers regarding this issue and provide you more information.

Best regards.

Hi Alexey!

We are still waiting for response. We need this to be fixed within the next two weeks because we are releasing the new version of Confluence very soon.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request and sorry for late response. We will fix the issue in one of future versions. Most likely, in the November or December release.

Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 5313) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(10)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2809) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.