Mismatch in PPT slides

Hi,

I am using .Net Slides 14.1.0.0

I have a slide template and I am creating a new presentation using this template.

There are lots of style(font, bullet) differences between the template and the new slide created.
Could you please throw some light into this?

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

Please share your sample code, template and output presentation files with us to help us understand your issues. This will help us in investigating your issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Attached are the source and destination PPTs. You can make out the difference in styles clearly

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

Thank you for sharing the files.

I am able to reproduce the following issues using your template file.

SLIDESNET-35175: Table borders are missing in generated PPT file
SLIDESNET-35176: Column headers are not showing as per the input PPT file

Both the issues are linked with this thread and you will get a notification via this thread once the issues get resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

This is a high priority issue which is blocking our development work on PPT slides. Please give us the solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Sharanya

This a real urgent issue to be resolved. Our development work is halted because of the issue. Request you to kindly provide a fix ASAP.

Hi Sharanya,

We understand that this is an urgent issue at your end, but your reported issues are currently pending for investigation at the end of development team. I would like to inform you that first priority of issue investigation is given to Enterprise and Priority Support queries on first come and first serve basis. Then the queries from normal / free support are scheduled for investigation. Once we get any feedback from development team, we will be able to share the details with you.

However, I checked your issue with the latest release of our Legacy version of Aspose.Slides for .NET v8.4.0 and it works fine. You may try it at your end and see if it resolves your issue. In the legacy version, we have separate namespaces for PPT and PPTX files, so you will need to write separate code to work with these.

Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

So, are you saying 14.1.0.0 is the old version and 8.4.0 is the latest?
Since
it involves code change and we are almost done with three fourth of the
development, I am bit skeptical about using the latest version.

If 8.4.0 is the latest, does it support all the features of ppt provided in 14.1.0.0?

I am also facing one more issue with 14.1.0.0, which is that, the table content is not carried to the destination (new) PPT presentation.
Does this also have a solution in 8.4.0?

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

sharanya:

So, are you saying 14.1.0.0 is the old version and 8.4.0 is the latest?
Since it involves code change and we are almost done with three fourth of the development, I am bit skeptical about using the latest version.
If 8.4.0 is the latest, does it support all the features of ppt provided in 14.1.0.0?

Well, Aspose.Slides for .NET v14.x.x is our new unified API in which we have merged PPT and PPTX related features together and users no longer need to process PPT and PPTX files separately using different namespaces. Aspose.Slides for .NET v8.4.0 is basically our legacy API which will be discontinued once the new unified API is stable. Same features which were in legacy API are now supported in our new unified API.

sharanya:

I am also facing one more issue with 14.1.0.0, which is that, the table content is not carried to the destination (new) PPT presentation.
Does this also have a solution in 8.4.0?

Please share your input and output file with us for further investigation. Please feel free to contact support in case you need any further assistance.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

We cannot do to and fro coding. We cannot invest time in something which is going to be vanished soon and rewrite the entire logic in accordance with the new version. Is there built in API available which converts the old version of code to the new version?
Please let me know the time line by when the issues I mentioned are solved with the new unified API.

I am sharing 2 PPTs where the slides in destination PPTs are cloned using the source slides, using the below code -

Presentation destPresentation = new Presentation();

foreach (DataRow dataRow in pptRows)
{
using (Presentation srcPresentation = new Presentation(string.Format("{0}{1}.ppt", location_Of_the_file, PPT_File_Name)))
{
ISlideCollection slides = destPresentation.Slides;
for(int i=0; i<srcPresentation.Slides.Count; i++)
{
slides.AddClone(srcPresentation.Slides[i]);
}
}
}
destPresentation.Save(location);

Here the issue is that, table content is not copied to the destination presentation.
Let me know how can we fix it using 14.1.0.0? If it cannot be fixed using this, what is the time line when it is made available?

I also would like to know till when version 8.4.0 is available?

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi,

Forgot to mention earlier. We have Enterprise Edition Distributed license. Please give us the time line as when the issues are resolved in 14.1.0.0.

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

sharanya:

We cannot do to and fro coding. We cannot invest time in something which is going to be vanished soon and rewrite the entire logic in accordance with the new version. Is there built in API available which converts the old version of code to the new version?

I am afraid, there is no such API available to automatically convert old version code to new version.

sharanya:

Here the issue is that, table content is not copied to the destination presentation.
Let me know how can we fix it using 14.1.0.0? If it cannot be fixed using this, what is the time line when it is made available?

I tried your sample with your shared file and the resultant PPTX file has proper data and table as per the input file. I have attached the resultant file for your reference. Please share your system environment details i.e. OS, .NET Framework etc. with us. We will further investigate the issue based on your environment details.

sharanya:

I also would like to know till when version 8.4.0 is available?

Well, you can use Aspose.Slides version 8.4.0 as long as you want. But we will not be providing any new features or bug fixes in the legacy version anymore after its discontinued. All the new features and bug fixes will be part of new unified API.

sharanya:

Forgot to mention earlier. We have Enterprise Edition Distributed license. Please give us the time line as when the issues are resolved in 14.1.0.0.

I will request the development team to share an ETA regarding your issue as soon as they can. However, as you have not availed Enterprise or Priority support, it may take some time based on the registered enterprise or priority support issues.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

We use .ppt format (MS PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation). Sorry, I sent you the destination file in wrong format. The same file should be of .ppt format.
Please check whether it is reproducible at your end using unified API.
I use Windows 7, .Net 4.0 version

I don’t think it is a good idea to use 8.4.0 version, as we are looking out for the long term solution.

How can I avail the Enterprise or Priority support?

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

Thank you for the details.

I am able to reproduce the issue when saving the resultant file in PPT format. The issue has been registered in our issue tracking system with issue id: SLIDESNET-35186.

sharanya:

How can I avail the Enterprise or Priority support?

Please see the following link for details regarding different support options.

You can check the details of Enterprise Support and Priority Support as per your requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

Please give us the time frame by when all the styling issues are resolved. This is important to plan our development activities.

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

I have checked the
status of your reported issues from our issue tracking system and following are
the details:

SLIDESNET-35175: The issue has been
resolved and will be a part of next official release of Aspose.Slides for .NET
v14.3.0 (to be released in April 2014)

SLIDESNET-35176: Issue is under
investigation and ETA will be shared once the investigation is done.

SLIDESNET-35186: Issue has been
registered with high priority and is under investigation. ETA will be shared
once the investigation is done.

I will update you once I get the ETA
details of the above two issues.

Thanks & Regards,

<!–[if gte mso 9]>
<w:WordDocument>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:TrackFormatting/>
<w:PunctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DoNotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val=“Cambria Math”/>
<m:brkBin m:val=“before”/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="–"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val=“off”/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:rMargin m:val=“0”/>
<m:defJc m:val=“centerGroup”/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val=“1440”/>
<m:intLim m:val=“subSup”/>
<m:naryLim m:val=“undOvr”/>
</m:mathPr></w:WordDocument>
<![endif]–><!–[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

I have observed another issue.
I have a .ppt template which has a textbox with the textbox Autofit property set to ‘Shrink text on overflow’. There is a placeholder in the textbox.
In the destination ppt, the placeholder is replaced by the actual content. If the text content is too long, the text overflows to other shapes in the slide and the AutoFit property of the textbox being set to ‘Do not AutoFit’.
So the textbox autofit property is not carried to the destination presentation.

Please help

Thanks,
Sharanya

Hi Sharanya,

Please share your template file and sample code with us to reproduce the issue. We will check it and get back to you.

Also, regarding issue SLIDESNET-35176, our development team is working on fixing the issue and hopefully, the fix will be a part of our next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-35186;SLIDESNET-35176;SLIDESNET-35175) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

This is regarding the issue that the style and the properties set for a text box is not carried to the destination ppt.
Attached are the source and the destination ppt. The source ppt has a textbox with the placeholder “Customer_Name”. The text box has the Autofit property set to “Shrink text on overflow”.

But the destination text box has the Autofit property set to “Do not Autofit”.
Also the font color, font style is not carried.

Code used -
FileStream fis = new FileStream(SlideTemplatePath, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
Presentation pres = new Presentation(fis);
ITextFrame[] textFramesSlide;
fis.Close();
try
{
for (int i = 0; i < pres.Slides.Count; i++)
{
textFramesSlide = SlideUtil.GetAllTextBoxes(pres.Slides[i]);
for (int j = 0; j < textFramesSlide.Length; j++)
{
//Loop through paragraphs in current TextFrame
foreach (Paragraph para in textFramesSlide[j].Paragraphs)
{
//Loop through portions in the current Paragraph
foreach (Portion port in para.Portions)
{
if (port.Text.Contains(placeHolder))
{
//Replace placeholder with actual value
port.Text = port.Text.Replace(placeHolder, “Third Set”);
}
}
}
}