We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Mismatch of Vertical Alignment of Text From XLS to PDF/PPTX Conversion

Hi Team,

I have a scenario where some values should be displayed inside a textbox shape.

I’m able to implement it properly and the vertical alignment of the values inside a text box is given as “Middle Centered”.

Now I’m trying to convert this excel into ppt and pdf in Unix environment. After conversion the values inside the text box are going to the top in ppt and pdf instead of middle.

I tried the same in Windows and it was working fine.

Could you please suggest me on how to proceed further in this scenario.

Please find attached the actual excel file and the pdf generated which has this alignment problem.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support.

Please also share your code to convert the spreadsheet to presentation and PDF formats. We need to know if you are converting whole worksheet to image before inserting the image in a presentation file or converting just the Chart to image. Same is the case for conversion to PDF as recent APIs allows to save the Chart to PDF format.

Moreover, please also share the following details.

• Operating system version & architecture
  • JDK vendor, version & architecture
  • List of the fonts available in Linux environment
  • Are you setting the fonts location in your application?
  • Any JVM arguments you are setting for the application/process?

Hi,

This is to update you that I have performed a few tests on CentOS 6.5 while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java 8.7.0.2, and I am able to notice the problem, that is; the text in the TextBoxes 8 & 9 seems to render slightly upwards while converting the spreadsheet to image & PDF formats. I have logged this incident as CELLSJAVA-41738 in our bug tracking system for further investigation by the product team.

That said, the result I have received (attached) is better than what you have shared in the original post. I believe the reason is that your Linux environment is missing the Calibri font which is used to format the text in aforementioned TextBoxes. If you place the TTFs of Calibri font in any folder accessible to your user/application and direct the Aspose.Cells for Java API to pick those fonts (using CellsHelper.setFontDir method) then you will be able to receive results as mine. Please read more about how Aspose.Cells APIs uses the TrueType fonts for your future reference.

Hi Team,

Is there any update on the fix for this issue?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi Sanjeev,

I am afraid, we haven’t yet received any updates regarding the ticket logged earlier as CELLSJAVA-41738. However, we have requested the concerned member of the product team to share some insight of the problem and preferably an estimated time for the fix. As soon as we get any news in this regard, we will post here for your kind reference. Thank you for your patience with us.

Hi Babar Raza,

Could you please let us know whether there is any update on this issue?

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We are afraid, there is no update for you regarding this issue (CELLSJAVA-41738) at this moment. However, we have logged your comment in our database and again requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi Shakeel Faiz,

Could you please let me know whether you received any update from product team or not.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi,

We are
afraid, there is no update for you regarding this issue. However, we
have again logged your comment in our database against this issue and
requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue.
Once there is some news for you, we will let you know asap.

Dear Shakeel Faiz,

Could you please let me know whether there is any update on this issue.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Hi,

We are afraid, there is no update for you regarding this issue at this moment. However, we have again logged your comment in our database against this issue for product team consideration. Hopefully, you will get some fix or ETA for this issue soon. Once there is some news for you, we will let you know.

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

It is to update you that we are working on this issue and this issue should be fixed by April 22, 2016. Once the issue is resolved, we will update you on this thread and provide you a download link of a fix.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue CELLSJAVA-41738 now. We will soon provide the fix after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.7.2.5 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41738) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.