Miss match on source word and generated PDF

Did not worked:(

It did create a pdf on disk but the pdf is 0 bytes.

Basically I think the problem is caused by TrueType font since we use gdi32.dll and user32.dll when parsing TrueType font file. We will try to avoid this problem. This might need several days. As a workaround can you please check if it is possible to set your application to allow unmanaged code?

Hi,

Set allow unmanaged code? I am unsure of what to do there…?

Is the use of user32 and gdi32 is new to 3.6.2.9 beacose the older 3.6.2.0 did caused the issue… ?

does several days means like 5-6 or more like 15-20 ? hehehe…

Thank you for your support,

J-F

Hi,

I am also not sure how to allow unmanged code. I just ask you if you know that.

The user32 and gdi32 are not newly added. They always be there. The 3.6.2.0 and 3.6.2.9 both have that error right?

If the reason I have found is correct, I hope we can resolve this problem next week. But I can’t promise.

Sorry, I did not express myself correctly… The 3.6.2.0 is working #1

All previous versions were perfect to… its only 3.6.2.9 who is giving use headaches…

The 3.6.2.9 is also working under XP (IIS 5) … but not under win 2003… it must be something new added in last release that is causing problems… probably win 2003 security related…

Thanks,

It seems the reason I found is not correct. Hans will provide some versions between 3.6.2.0 and 3.6.2.9 to you. Please test them and tell us from with version you get this error. Sorry for the problem and thanks for your patience.

Perfect…

Thanks guys !!

Hi,

I have attached Aspose.Pdf 3.6.2.1, 3.6.2.5 and 3.6.2.8. Please try them and let us know from which verison you get the error. Then I will send you some other versions to narrow down the problem. Thanks.

Okay…

3.6.2.8 seems to be corrupted… I cannot insert it into my vs.net project. Its tell me the assembly is not a valid assembly.

3.6.2.5 Exact same error… etup Error: Failed to load resources from resource file

3.6.2.1 PDF is getting generated… (However I still the same outline bug into my PDF) … but 3.6.2.1 does not crash !

Thank you !

J-F

Hi,

Thanks for your help.
According to the results, it seems that the problem is introduced between Aspose.Pdf 2.6.2.1 and Aspose.Pdf 3.6.2.5. I have attached these versions: 3.6.2.2, 3.6.2.3, 3.6.2.4. Would you please try them and let us know from which version the error occurs? Then we will investigate on those implemented changes of that version.
Thanks.

Best regards.

Okay…

3.6.2.2 - Does not crash. PDF is getting generated.

3.6.2.3 - Does crash.

3.6.2.4 - Does crash.

Thank you,

Btw… I will be out of the office this week so i will still have access to emails/web but very limited access to our developent and productions servers.

Good luck !

J-F

Hi,

From the result, the problem should be introduced by Aspose.Pdf 3.6.2.3. We are investigating implemented changes in this version and hope to find out which one causes the problem. Then we will let you have a try. Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Hi,

The bug has been fixed in our new release Aspose.Pdf 3.7.0.0. Please download it here and let us know if you have any other problems. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.