Missing body of email

I have noticed an issue when using the new version of the Aspose.Email library (6.4).

For certain emails that have been converted to MSG when I open the MSG in Outlook and download the images the body of the email goes blank.

This was not happening with version 6.3.

I have attached the same MSG one created with 6.3 the other with 6.4.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support team.

We have opened your provided files with MS Outlook 2010 and no such issue was observed. Both the messages show the message body without any issue. Could you please share the Outlook version in which you are opening the MSG files?

The issue occurred in Outlook 2013 and in Outlook 2016. I did notice that if you open the files from the zip they appear normally but if you save them from the zip to the local drive then open the issue occurs.

Hi Peter,

We are sorry to share that the issue is not reproducible at our end. Both the MSG files look fine in MS Outlook even after the images are loaded. Can you please share your sample code that is used to create these messages. We’ll create these at our end and let you know our feedback.

Please find below a sample of the code I am using to create the MSG. I have also attached two EML files then when changed to MSG present the problem.

client.SelectFolder("Inbox")

' Get the message info collection
Dim imapMessages As ImapMessageInfoCollection = client.ListMessages()

For Each imapMessage As ImapMessageInfo In imapMessages
' Save the message in MSG format
Dim msg As MailMessage = client.FetchMessage(imapMessage.UniqueId)

For Each atchmnt As Attachment In msg.Attachments

If atchmnt.ContentType.MediaType.Equals("message/rfc822") Then
'Save your attachments here
Dim strTempFileName As String = Now.Ticks

atchmnt.Save(strTempFileName + ".eml")
Dim message As MailMessage = MailMessage.Load(strTempFileName + ".eml", New EmlLoadOptions())
'Save to msg file
message.Save(strTempFileName + ".msg", SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode)
End If
Next

client.MoveMessage(imapMessage.UniqueId, "[Gmail]/Trash")

Next imapMessage

Hi Peter,

Thank you for sharing the sample files.

We have converted your both EML files to MSG using the latest version of the API and found the issue only with 635962230208568583.eml that has been logged as EMAILNET-35197 in our issue tracking system. Our Product team will investigate the issue further and we’ll update you here as soon as there is some information available in this regard.

With respect to your other sample file, it is converted to MSG fine and no missing body issue is observed. You may check the attached output that opens fine in MS Outlook at our end with proper body contents.

I was wondering whether there has been any progress on this issue, as I would like to finalise testing of the Aspose.Email product and get it into production as soon as possible.

Hi Peter,

The issue has been fixed and will be available in the next version of Aspose.Email for .NET that will be available in the second week of next month. We’ll update you here as the fix version is available for download.

That’s great news, is it possible to get a pre-release copy for testing so that our project is not delayed and we can purchase and release once the next version is available?

Hi Peter,

We’ve requested our Product team about the provision of a pre-release build and will update you here once there is some feedback available in this regard.

Hi Peter,

Please try the pre-release build from here and let us know your feedback.

The pre-release has addressed the issue with the missing body. But we have found another issue where spaces are being dropped from the body of the emails. We are able to reproduce the problem with email that are sent in Rich Text. And it seems that the first space is dropped after around 250 characters. If you compare the text in the body of the EML and MSG attached emails you can see where the spaces have been dropped.

Hi Peter,

I have tested body of the MSG file for one of the sample file “635980477573734718.eml” but could not re-produce the scenario using Aspose.Email for .NET 6.4.0.0 and 6.4.0.1. It is observed that no space is lost and body format is similar in the MSG file as attached here. Could you please give try to the following sample code and let us know the feedback.

MailMessage eml = MailMessage.Load("635980477573734718.eml", new EmlLoadOptions());

eml.Save(path + "635980477573734718_6.4.0.1.msg", SaveOptions.DefaultMsgUnicode);

thanks for help

Keith Urban is my favourite US artist. You may find all tour dates and ticket prices at [Keith Urban tickets, tour dates & concerts](http://keithurbantourtickets.com/).

I have used your sample code and I was unable to reproduce the issue with 635980477573734718.eml but I could with 635980435232573821.eml. It only occurs with emails that have the body of the email set to Rich Text when they are sent, we may have not saved the other messages correctly. I have attached my results using the code and 635980435232573821.eml and you can see some spaces have been dropped. Some examples of the words that are joined are:

- ‘Cloud’ via becomes ‘Cloud’via
- web client becomes webclient
- user interface becomes userinterface
- Softlayer and becomes Softlayerand
- will also becomes willalso
- notebooks and becomes notebooksand
- servers and becomes serversand

Hi Peter,

This issue is re-produced and logged under Id: EMAILNET-35229 for further investigation by the product team. You will be automatically notified once any update is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-35197) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Just wanted to check how things were progressing with EMAILNET-35229, as at the moment this is the only issue that is holding up implementation of Aspose.Email and the completion of our project.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for writing yo Aspose support team again.

Product team has recently released the latest API and are busy in post release activities. I have checked the status of this ticket and it is not analyzed yet. I have requested the product team for ETA and you will be intimated immediately once any update is received in this regard.

I have been doing some additional testing and found another issue with emails that have an HTML body. It seems spaces are being dropped before some embedded links. I have attached an example of an EML and the resulting MSG, you can see the following occurences:

- new <span lang=“EN-AU” style=“font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-ansi-language:EN-AU”>web
client
becomes
new<span lang=“EN-AU” style=“font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-ansi-language:EN-AU”>web
client
- and <span lang=“EN-AU” style=“font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-ansi-language:EN-AU”>Xchange becomes and<span lang=“EN-AU” style=“font-family:“Tahoma”,sans-serif;mso-ansi-language:EN-AU”>Xchange