Missing content when converting .vdx to .vsdm format

Please refer to this post :

Convert .vdx to .vsdm missing content

That pst is our original submission concerning missing content when we convert a VDX format Visio file to a VSDM format file.

The aspose-diagram-17.4.0.jar was to contain the three fixes for our original issues. We have tested with that .JAR version and still see the same issues with missing content:
a) Title text is missing
b) Shapes are missing
c) Connectors are missing
d) Connectors on the diagram are not “anchored” to the shapes.

I have attached a ZIP file that contains the “test.vdx” file that will be converted, and in the ZIP is the chart file that was converted to test.vsdm. Also, there is a PDF with screenshots of the test.vdx and test.vsdm while displayed in Visio and explains the issues.

The issue about missing macros is fixed - that works good.

We do have a Developer OEM license if you need it.

Here’s is our test program code :
import com.aspose.diagram.Diagram;
import com.aspose.diagram.LoadFileFormat;
import com.aspose.diagram.LoadOptions;
import com.aspose.diagram.SaveFileFormat;
public class ConvertVisio {
public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception {
String fileToConvert = “test.vdx”;
String newFilename = “test.vsdm”;

LoadOptions loadOptions = new LoadOptions( LoadFileFormat.VDX );
Diagram diagram = new Diagram( fileToConvert, loadOptions );
diagram.save( newFilename, SaveFileFormat.VSDM );
}
}

Hi,

Thank you for the inquiry. When we opened your source VDX using Microsoft Visio 2013 professional, your built-in script shows an error. Kindly run your built-in script which modifies the layout of shapes, and then send us its ZIP archive. We have attached a screenshot of the built-in script error and the output VSDM for your kind reference. The output VSDM shows shapes as available in the source VDX (without the change in the layout structure of shapes).

Yes, I do see the same error when I use Visio (2016) 64-bit (no error with 32-bit) One of our developers has fixed that issue for 64-bit Visio.

For the Output.vsdm file Aspose provided (in your previous post), I can see the chart is laid out, but when I move the shapes, the connectors are not anchored to the shapes. See the screenshot in the ZIP I have attached.

I am confused why Aspose can convert the VDX to VSDM, and it does not work for us. I built the test program and there is another developer who builds his test program and we both see the same thing - missing shapes. We thought maybe the issue is because we use Visio 2016, but I asked a use who has Visio 2013 to open our converted VSDM and it shows missing shapes.

Also in the ZIP is a different VDX file - can you please execute your conversion to VSDM and see if all the shapes match the VDX and the connectors are anchored to the shapes? Is our test code (first post) correct?
Hi,

Thank you for the details. We managed to replicate the said issues as below:

File Name: abc2.vdx
DIAGRAMJAVA-50473: Incomplete connections of shapes on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50474: Empty lines of text are being removed on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50475: Connector line is passing through the other shapes on converting a VDX to VSDM

File Name: test.vdx
DIAGRAMJAVA-50476: Incomplete connections of shapes on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50477: Empty lines of text are being removed on converting a VDX to VSDM
DIAGRAMJAVA-50478: Connector lines are passing through the other shapes on converting a VDX to VSDM

All above tickets have been linked to this forum thread. We shall keep you informed regarding any available updates. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

In reference to the missing text, shapes and connectors, we could not find any such missing items in the output VSDMs. You may highlight with the help of screenshots or share any other problematic drawing for the testing purposes.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50473 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi,

In reference to the ticket IDs DIAGRAMJAVA-50474 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50477, our product team has completed analysis phase. They come to the conclusion that they would not fix them because when you will open VDX drawing using Microsoft Visio 2010 application, it will not show empty lines. Later versions of Microsoft Visio application only open VDX drawings. Microsoft Visio 2010 and earlier versions read and write drawings in a VDX file format.

Hi,

The ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50476 has been resolved and if there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. In reference to the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50473 and DIAGRAMJAVA-50476, please download and try this latest Hotfix version: Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.4.1. Please also let us know how that goes on your side.

Hi,

Thank you for being patient. We have resolved the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50475. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.5 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. We shall inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMJAVA-50473;DIAGRAMJAVA-50475;DIAGRAMJAVA-50476) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for Java 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

@caldercay,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50478 has been resolved partially in the latest version 18.1. You can download and try the latest version 18.1 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. The complete fix of the ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50478 will be included in the next version 18.2 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API.

@caldercay,

The linked ticket ID DIAGRAMJAVA-50478 has been resolved and included in the full version 18.2 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API. Please download and try the latest version 18.2 of Aspose.Diagram for Java API.