Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Missing financial functions- missing functions in general

We're continuing to evaluate Aspos Cells for .Net and it's working well. We've run into a problem with a variety of financial functions that aren't supported including: MIRR, Ppmt, Ipmt, Nper, SLN, SYD, and DDB. (BTW, the VB.Net library has definitions for these functions.) While it would be nice to have these implemented, the real problem is that Aspose doesn't appear to correctly pass on to Excel functions which are undefined in Aspose but defined in Excel. These formulas show up as #NAME? but evaluate correctly after typing F2, Enter in Excel. Is there a way to get Aspose to correctly pass along these kinds of functions?

Thanks,

--Howard

Hi Howard,

We may consider these formulas / functions and will support them soon.

Thank you.

Amjad, thanks for your response. I'm glad that you're going to consider implementing those functions, but could you kindly answer the second half of my question, namely, how can I correctly pass along to Excel functions that are unknown to Aspose?

Thanks,

--Howard

Hi Howard,

Please try this attached version. These functions are supported now.

If you find that any Excel function is not supported by Aspose.Cells but you do need it, please let us know. We will make it ASAP.

And we will continue work to support all Excel functions.

Thanks for the update, I'll try it out.

Your support has been excellent and I don't mean to be difficult, but is there a reason you won't answer my question: "how can I correctly pass along to Excel functions that are unknown to Aspose?" If the answer is that I can't, please just tell me that.

Thanks,

--Howard

Laurence, I tried the new version but this line of code no longer compiles:

((Cell)cell).Style=(Aspose.Cells.Style)style.exstyle;

It says: Error 3 'Aspose.Cells.Cell' does not contain a definition for 'Style'

This worked fine in the previous versions and reinstalling 4.4.1.0 allows it to compile.

Also, in order to revert to 4.4.1 I renamed the new DLL and ran the repair option in the installer. It ran for many minutes with the progress bar about halfway across before I killed it, did an uninstall, and then an install. I think the Repair option is broken.

Thanks,

--Howard

Hi Howard,

Actually we performed some optimization and enhancement work for the component and did change / update some APIs (related style formattings). So, kindly modify your code a bit and utilize Cell.SetStyle(styleobject) and Style.GetStyle() method(s) instead for your requirement.

Thank you.

That style change works fine, thanks. We will proceed to test the new functions.

Regards,

--Howard