Missing Footnotes after saving to HTML

Hi,

we have upgraded recently from Aspose Words 17.9 to 18.7.

When saving attached Word document outputs.zip (49.8 KB)
to html, I got completly different results.

With 17.9 I get 5 footer (output2.html). I expect only 3 but I can discard the wrong ones.
But now with 18.5 I get only 2 footer (output.html).

I simply save the document with html extension without any options.
How can I keep the correct header and footer while saving to html ?

Kind regards,

@christoph_schroeder01_sap_com,

Thanks for your inquiry. You are facing this issue because you have multiple sections in your document. In this case, primary headers and footers are exported at the beginning and the end of each section.

We suggest you please use HtmlSaveOptions.ExportHeadersFootersMode property as shown below. This property specifies how headers and footers are output to HTML, MHTML or EPUB. Default value is PerSection for HTML/MHTML. When the value of this property is FirstSectionHeaderLastSectionFooter, primary header of the first section is exported at the beginning of the document and primary footer is at the end.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "in.docx");
Aspose.Words.Saving.HtmlSaveOptions saveOptions = new Aspose.Words.Saving.HtmlSaveOptions(SaveFormat.Html);
saveOptions.ExportHeadersFootersMode = ExportHeadersFootersMode.FirstSectionHeaderLastSectionFooter;

doc.Save(MyDir + "18.7.html", saveOptions);

Hi,

but that is not how I expect it. I want header and footer for each page and it works with Aspose Words 17.9.
How can I get it ? I don’t want FirstSectionHeaderLastSectionFooter. I want PerSection. One for each page at least.

Kind regards,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and noticed that the ExportHeadersFootersMode.PerSection generates the incorrect output. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-17232. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience. It is to inform you that the issue which you are facing is actually not a bug in Aspose.Words. So, we have closed this issue (WORDSNET-17232) as ‘Not a Bug’.

Export of Headers/Footers has been changed in Aspose.Words 18.6. Now Aspose.Words exports only those headers/footers that are visible in the source document. In your document, only two sections have visible headers/footers - Section 1 and Section 5 - and only these headers/footers are written to HTML. Section 5 has no own header/footer but it inherits them from previous sections (Section 1).

We suggest you please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for .NET 18.8.