Missing footnotes in PDF from Word - reposted in correct forum

Hi,
I have a word document with footnotes that I wish to convert to a PDF. Using the code below to create a PDF,

Document doc = word.Open(“TestWordGen.doc”);

doc.Save(“MyDocument.xml”, SaveFormat.FormatAsposePdf);

//Read the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into Aspose.Pdf.
Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(“MyDocument.xml”, null);

//Instruct to delete temporary image files.
pdf.IsImagesInXmlDeleteNeeded = true;

//Produce the PDF file.
pdf.Save(“MyDocument.pdf”);

It appears that the footnote has been lost as they do not appear within the generated PDF.
I am currently evaluating these components for a client. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Footnote and endnote is not supported in Aspose.Pdf. I will add support for this feature when I finished my current work, which hopes to in late Sep.

Is the support for header/footers missing only from the conversion of the Word xml file to PDF, as I see that there is a headerfooter class in the PDF documentation?

Just ran the demo code and modified it and it generates footers in the PDF. So it appears that footers don’t work in the conversion from Word to PDF. Please correct me if I am wrong.

A couple of other questions:
can I import an image into a PDF from a Bitmap or Image object (that is not from a file)?
can I import text from an RTF source, preserving the formatting of the text?

Thanks
Dennis

Dear Dennis,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Header and footer are supported in Aspose.Pdf. They are also supported in the word to pdf conversion. But footer is different from footnote. Footer is displayed in all pages in a section. I have to do more work to support it.

Importing image from Bitmap or Image object is supported. Please refer to Convert Images to PDF

Importing text from RTF is not supported directly. If you can open it with Aspose.Word, you can then convert it to Pdf.