We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Missing functionality in 14.2

Hi,

Iโ€™m trying to upgrade a fairly large project from using Aspose.Slides 8.4 to 14.2 and have come accross some missing functionality that is stopping me from completing the migration. Hopefully these are things that I either have not found or can be added back into 14.2 fairly easily :slight_smile:

* No SlideId number available any more in ISlide, IMasterSlide (or indeed Slide or MasterSlide). This used to be on BaseSlideEx.
* No โ€˜Imageโ€™ member on IOleObjectFrame or OleObjectFrame to get/set the image representation of the object. This used to be on OleObjectFrameEx
* No WriteAsSvg(Stream, SvgOptions) on ISlide (but it is on the Slide class)
* I canโ€™t find an equivalent class in 14.2 for the DiagramEx class in 8.4

please could you let me know where to find equivalent functionality in 14.2 or raise issues to have these features restored.

thanks in advance,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have observed all of your requirements and will try to address them one by one. Actually, things have been little changed in new API and you are always welcome for your inquiries related to transition from old to new API.

As far as SlideID property is concerned, it is presently unavailable in Aspose.Slides merged API owing to internal complexity involved. Actually, there is no SlideID property is not available for PPTX presentations but available for PPT. In merged API, we have to coup with PPT and PPTX presentations using single API. We are working over possibilities of providing he support for SlideID in new API and for this an issue with ID SLIDESNET-34978 has already been created in our issue tracking system. I suggest you to please typecast the ISlide to Slide and then use Slide.Name to set or get the slide name. You can set your ID in Slide.Name property.

Also, the support to export slide to SVG is also available. Please visit article, Creating Slides SVG Image for your kind reference in this regard.

You can also set the image for OleObject frame. Please use the following sample code on your end to serve the purpose in this regard.

oof.SubstitutePictureFormat.Picture.Image = pres.Images.AddImage((System.Drawing.Image)imgChart);

Please also visit the following article links as well for your kind reference.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

Hi Mudassir,

thanks for the quick response. The OleObjectFrame trick is just what I was looking for.

I donโ€™t understand your comment about pptx not having SlideId - it definitely does - I just went and opened up a pptx file to look at the xml contents and found this inside the presentation.xml

<p:sldIdLst>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ393โ€ r:id=โ€œrId6โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ446โ€ r:id=โ€œrId7โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ310โ€ r:id=โ€œrId8โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ436โ€ r:id=โ€œrId9โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ445โ€ r:id=โ€œrId10โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ373โ€ r:id=โ€œrId11โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ433โ€ r:id=โ€œrId12โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ435โ€ r:id=โ€œrId13โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ438โ€ r:id=โ€œrId14โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ439โ€ r:id=โ€œrId15โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ440โ€ r:id=โ€œrId16โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ441โ€ r:id=โ€œrId17โ€/>
<p:sldId id=โ€œ442โ€ r:id=โ€œrId18โ€/>
</p:sldIdLst>

The old (8.4) version of Aspose.Slides made the SlideId available both for PPT files (Aspose.Slides.Slide.SlideId) and PPTX files (Aspose.Slides.Pptx.BaseSlideEx.SlideId).

We definitely need this property as we deal with two different versions of the same presentation and the SlideId is vital to work out which slides in one copy match up with those in another.

I have found one more missing feature - when creating a new Presentation object, there is no way to set the SlideSize for the presentation - this used to be possible in 8.4 version.

Finally, any idea on where the DiagramEx class has gone or if there is an equivalent in 14.2?

thanks again,

Robin

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your feedback. Like I shared with you that we are already investigating this issue on our end resume the support for SlideID in new API. The issue SLIDESNET-34978 has already been created in our issue tracking system to provide the requested support.

Secondly, the DiagramEx class has been replaced by SmartArt in new API. DiagramEx was used in Old API. For more about, SmartArt shapes, please visit this documentation section link for various samples.

Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-34978) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)