We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Missing <Connects> tag in the .vdx when converting from a .vsd saved with visio 2013

Hi,



When saving a .vsd with visio 2013 and we convert it to a .vdx. The .vdx doesn’t contain the tag.



This tag is available when we save using an older version of visio(2007 or 2010) or when we save the file as .vsdx in visio 2013.



We used Diagram version 5.8.0.



Can you look into this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Hi Erik,


Thank you for contacting support and using Aspose.Diagram API. We created three Visio samples using MS Visio 2010 and 2013 as you have narrated above and then converted to the VDX format. All the resultant VDX files have the “connects” tag. We evaluated Visio sample against the latest version 6.0.0 of the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We have attached the source and resultant files to this reply.

Hi,

We got version 6.0.0 now working on our end, and the issue is now solved. Thank you for your help.

Hi,


The issue is not entirely solved. The Connects section is there, but the values in the ToSheet attribute are not correct. It produces the following xml:

When we save the .vsd as .vsdx in Visio 2013 and then convert the .vsdx to .vdx, the connects section seems ok. The connects section when we convert from .vsdx:

The ToSheet values are different, and there is one less Connect element.

I included the .vsd and .vsdx we convert to .vdx with Aspose.Diagram 6.0 in this post. (They basically are the same file. We created the .vsdx by saving it as .vsd in Visio 2013)

Can you also reproduce this issue?

Hi Erik,


Thank you for the details. We have evaluated your sample Visio against the latest version 6.0.0 of the Aspose.Diagram API and figured out how to duplicate the issue said. We’ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50693 in our bug tracking system. Your post has also been linked to this ticket. We’ll keep you informed regarding any available updates. We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hi Erik,

Thank you for being patient. We have a good news for you that the issue id DIAGRAMNET-50693 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then this fix will be incorporated in the next version 6.1.0 of the Aspose.Diagram for .NET API. We'll inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50693) have been fixed in Aspose.Diagram for .NET 6.1.0.


This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.