Missing page when saving (as images or XPS) + Layout corruption

Hi Guys,

We are currently in the process of evaluating Aspose.Words (.Net) for converting docx documents to images and extracting text layout positions (which we use the amazing LayoutEnumerator for). We have been massively impressed with the product so far but have seen a few conversion issues that are show stoppers for us. Before we commit to buying developer licences we would like to know if these issues are a) known b) fixable and c) in what approximate time frame.

Please find attached to this post a zip file including 2 docx documents that illustrate the issues and supporting image annotations describing the conversion issues described below. The code used to render the images is also included.

missing_content.docx
Problems:
1) The contents page (page 3) containing the contents table is entirely missing. Needless to say this is a serious issue for us.
2) On the rendered page 3, the title “Contents” appears. It should be on the missing contents page and not on what is in MS word page 4. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 2).
3) On the second page the author of this document has overlayed a table on top of the defined columns, yet the columns decoration (black line in the middle) is shown on top of the table. MS Word doesn’t do this. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_1.png as exhibit 1).

multiple_content.docs
Problems:
1) The contents table has leaked on to page 2 when in Word it is rendered on page 3.(Annotated in SR_11569_5_1.png as exhibit 1).
2) The contents table is actually drawn twice! (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 4)
3) The “Contents” title does not appear on page 3 where it should and instead appears incorrectly on page 4. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 2 and in SR_11569_5_3.png as exhibit 3)

Note that this corruption also happens when saving to other document formats (XPS) which implies it’s an issue in the layout/rendering engine. Also, i realize that the docx documents are cluttered with useless tables etc but i have reduced the document files (over 50 pages!) to their smallest size which still exhibit bugs to ease the process for you.

All in all your product is fantastic and leagues better than the competition, if we can get these issues resolved we’ll be jumping on this. Look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Horse123:

missing_content.docx
Problems:
1) The contents page (page 3) containing the contents table is entirely missing. Needless to say this is a serious issue for us.
2) On the rendered page 3, the title “Contents” appears. It should be on the missing contents page and not on what is in MS word page 4. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 2).
3) On the second page the author of this document has overlayed a table on top of the defined columns, yet the columns decoration (black line in the middle) is shown on top of the table. MS Word doesn’t do this. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_1.png as exhibit 1).

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issues at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged these problems in our issue tracking system as follow:

WORDSNET-10230 : Contents are missing after conversion from Docx to PNG/XPS/PDF
WORDSNET-10231 : Extra line appears after conversion from Docx to PNG/XPS/PDF
WORDSNET-10232 : The title “Contents” appears in output PNG/XPS/PDF

I have linked this forum thread to the same issues and you will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.
Horse123:

multiple_content.docs
Problems:
1) The contents table has leaked on to page 2 when in Word it is rendered on page 3.(Annotated in SR_11569_5_1.png as exhibit 1).
2) The contents table is actually drawn twice! (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 4)
3) The “Contents” title does not appear on page 3 where it should and instead appears incorrectly on page 4.

We are working over this query and will update you asap.

Hi Alex,

Horse123:

multiple_content.docs
Problems:
3) The “Contents” title does not appear on page 3 where it should and instead appears incorrectly on page 4. (Annotated in SR_11569_5_2.png as exhibit 2 and in SR_11569_5_3.png as exhibit 3)

I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side for point 1 and 2. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-10233.

Regarding point 3, I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-10232. You will be notified via this forum thread once these issues are resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the prompt response. Look forward to seeing these issues resolved in an upcoming release!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your inquiry. I would like
to share with you that issues are addressed and resolved based on first
come first serve basis. Currently, your issues are pending for analysis
and are in the queue. We will update you via this forum thread once there
is any update available on your issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10230) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10231) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.