Missing Rows Problem

Hi Aspose Team,

We have converted an Excel file to ODS format using Aspose Cells for Java.
If you noticed In sheet “smo” rows are missing from row number 1465 to 1491. There might be some issue with your collapse property. I have attached both Excel and ODS files for debugging.

Thanks
Vajahat Ali

Hi,

I have converted your xls file to ods using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for Java 7.0.3 and it appears to be ok.

Below is my sample code and I have attached the output file. If you see any difference, then please highlight them with red circles in a screenshot.

Java

String path = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Totale voorraad 2009 smeerolie na telling.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

workbook.save(path + “.out2.ods”, SaveFormat.ODS);

The Apose team recommended us to use aspose-cells-2.5.4-java . There are many features in your new version that are not supported yet. So what is the solution now?

Thanks
Vajahat Ali

Hi,

I think, the newer version supports all the features of ods now, but I will confirm it with the development team and update you asap.

Hi,

We have found this issue with v2.5.4 but we are afraid we cannot provide fix on that version as my fellow colleague told you. According to our knowledge, the features which are absent in the new version are regarding charts and some shapes for ODS file format, all other features are working fine. We are working hard on it now and will provide new fix/version for the users as soon as we finish it. Before that we are afraid there is no better way to solve your issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your understanding. Also, if there is any other feature that you are using which is absent in the new version (7.0.3), please tell us and we will try our best to adjust our schedule accordingly.

Thank you.

Hi,

so when we are able to get the new version having full chart support, as chart’s features are the basic requirement of our product.
If full charts support is not in the your current estimations, can u please provide only fully functional “Chart to Image” functionality, so that at least we can upgrade our self to the newer version of Aspose.

Best Regards
Bilal Bashir

Hi,

Well, we are working on supporting read/write all types of Excel Charts and shapes for ODS file format, This is the only feature that is absent about charts/shapes as comparing with older versions of the product. So, you need not to worry about charts or chart-to-image features if you are using XLS, XLSX, XLSM, XLSB etc. file formats (other than ODS file format) as this deficiency is only regarding ODS file format and all MS Excel charts (standard, advanced etc.) with their options/features are supported in the new versions.

Hope you understaffed now.

Hi,

Can you please inform, how much is the estimated time for Charts Functionality only for ODS file format, as we are using ODS file format files for our product and we can not exclude chart functionality from our product, but for the time being (if it is feasible) if you provide “chart to image” functionality for ODS file format, then at least we can upgrade our self to newer version of aspose as right now we are using aspose-cells-2.5.4-java and we are unable to use the improved features/functionality of newer version of aspose.

Best Regards
Bilal Bashir

Hi,

I have added a new feature request to add Chart2Image feature for ODS files in our database. We will look into it and provide you ETA asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-40040.

Hi,

We are afraid the Chart2Image feature for ODS files cannot be supported before reading charts, so reading charts should be supported first for ODS files. Firstly, those charts in ODS template file needs to be parsed and built in cells model, then the model can be used to render image. Hopefully we can provide a fix in two weeks time for you. The new fix will support to read most of the charts and chart features from ODS template files and Chart2Image for them also can be supported at the same time.

Thank you for being patient.

Hi,

I need to know that how could i track the issue CELLSJAVA-40040.

Best Regards
Bilal Bashir

Hi,

I think you are talking about chart2image (reading charts) from ods template file, we will try to provide a fix that support to read chart from ods template file before the end of this week.

Thank you.

Hi,

We are waiting for the fix of CELLSJAVA-40040, Please provide asap.

Best Regards
Bilal Bashir

Hi,

Please try the new fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.3.6

We have supported to read COLUMN/BAR/LINE/PIE charts from ods template files. So rendering those chart to image has also been supported by the new fix.

Hi,

we are getting following exception when we used Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.3.6 inplace of Aspose.Cells for java v2.5.4

“Cannot find black listed licenses resource or black list is invalid. Please report this error to Aspose.”

Hi,

Would you please provide us the exception stack trace of setting license and your environment information such as the JDK, server, and so on.

Also please make your application as simple as only has one line of code of setting the license to test the two version jars to confirm whether it can work with old jar but not for the new one.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40040) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.