Modify styles used in generated Word document causes Word to crash

When I generate a document which uses a character style (e.g. Hyperlink) I can’t then modify the style in the generated document. Doing so crashes Microsoft Word 2003. To reproduce the issue you can run the following code:

Document document = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(document);
builder.getFont().setStyleName("Hyperlink");
builder.write("ThisIsALink");
document.save("/temp/generated.doc");

The generated document can then be opened in Microsoft Word and the content is as expected and styled correctly. In Microsoft Word then go to Format -> Styles and Formatting. Right click on the Hyperlink style and select Modify. At this point Word will crash.

This happens when you try and modify any character style that has been used in the generated document.

Any help on how to work around or solve this issue would be appreciated.

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it on my side. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Thanks for having a look at the problem. Do you have any indication of when this issue may be resolved?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently it is difficult to provide you a reliable estimate regarding this issue. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the problem by then or provide you more information.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2966) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.