Modifying a Chart in Cells for Java

I have a spreadsheet template with a chart in it.

I can open the template, add data and return in to the browser and the chart works fine. I need to get to the Value Axis and modify the Min and Max values. I am trying to use:

Charts.getChart(0).getValueAxis().setMinValue(1234);

Charts.getChart(0).getValueAxis().setMaxValue(1234);

That does not seem to work. What is more, if I try to get the current Min Value which is a ppsitive number, I just get a 0. I’m wondering if these functions are actually implemented in the Cells for Java library.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Our current official release does not support reading Charts in, it just keep the original binary data of Chart in template file and save it back to the result file when you save the workbook. We are working on this feature(reading Chart in) now, hope we can provide a new version for this feature before Nov. And now, if it can be any helpful, we can provide you a beta version that supports reading Chart from template file for trial. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yeah, I’d be glad to take the beta. I’ll let you know if I find any problems with it.

Thanks a bunch!

Hi,

Please try this attached version, please note it is a beta version that still in development, and maybe some data of Chart will be lost or wrongly recognized. We appreciated for any feedback by using it, Thank you.