Modifying a report that was already created in visual studio

I created a few reports using visual studio & i deployed them to report server. when i deploy the reports to excel, it is frustrating because i can't play around with the data like I usually can.

It seemed that aspose.cells will help me with this, so i downloaded a trial version. I'm having trouble understanding what I should do after I open a remote report.

Am i supposed to redesign the report in Excel?

Is there a way that I can see all of the available fields (without going to 'build a dataset' tab), so that i can drag/drop fields in an easy manner?

The screenshots in your documentation online does NOT match the 'look' that I have on my computer, so I need some guidance on doing this.

Thank you

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi,

Thank you for your consider Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

When you use Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client to open RDL file in Excel which is created by visual studio, you need re-design your report.

But you do not need to re-build dataset and data source. Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Client reads data set and data source from your RDL file.

If you use Excel 2007, please refer to the attached pictures and check user guide.