Modifying PDFs with only permissions changes - fidelity to original?

Hi,I would like to be able to open a PDF, remove any printing limitation, and re-save. Other than that limitation, nothing should change. I am using PDFFileSecurity to change change the priviledge, and save it to stream, which is then written to file. However, there seems to be a loss in fidelity with the original file. I've attached a zip file containing two PDFs (one original, one saved), and an image depicting the issue. It should be easy to see...in the original, there is some bolded text at the top, while it is no longer bolded in the saved file. Does this you are parsing the whole file and recreating the file, as opposed to just modifying the property? Do you know of similar fidelity issues?

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I have viewed both of the files at my end using Adobe Reader X and couldn’t notice any such problem. Could you please try to view the files using Adobe Reader X as well? Also, please share which Adobe Reader version you’re using at your end. We’ll further investigate the issue at our end and guide you accordingly.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Shahzad,

Thanks for looking into this.

I downloaded the latest version of Reader X, and I am noticing the same issue as with the older version of Reader, as well as when viewed in Acrobat X. I've attached a screen capture from Reader X, with the issue circled.

Thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Could you please try to use the latest version at your end and see the result? If it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please share the OS you’re viewing the PDF on, so we could also try to reproduce it at our end.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Hi Shahzad,

I tried it with the latest version and there is no difference in behavior. I am using Windows 7 64-bit, and the calling application is 32-bit.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for sharing further details. We’ll investigate the issue using your particular scenario and get back to you with the results.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,