Month not ordered the same as xlsx copy in pdf

Hi,

We have come across a difference e between a generated PDF and a generated xlsx file. When we convert an xlsx file into a PDF file the month column(row label) in the pivot table does not follow the same order as in the original excel file or even the generated excel file. I have tried setting the Date format with the Pivot table’s Month column and the source table’s Month column; Neither changes made a difference in he generated PDF file.

I have attached a small project to demonstrate this issue.
I have also attached an input file to use on this project to help demonstrate the issue.

In code you can see that I am opening the input file followed by sorting the source table of any sorting settings, refreshing the pivot table before finally saving the file as “generatedFile.xlsx” and “genreatedFile.pdf”.

When you compare the three files, you can see the difference in the PDF file.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We were able to replicate this issue using your sample code and source file. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41728.

We have also attached the output xlsx and pdf file for a reference.

Hi,

We have fixed the issue.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.4.3.5 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Thank you for the fix, however, it only solves one part of our issue. It seem that we are only able to correctly sort the month column if the we don’t close and save the after clearing the source table.
We need to be able to close the file and open it at a different time/day where we would populate it with data.

I have modified the project I sent you earlier in this thread to demonstrate what I mean.
This project now includes code to…
(i) clear the workbook’s tables + refresh pivot tables
(ii) save workbook + reopen
(iii) Populate the source table
(iv) Refresh the pivot table
(v) And just like before, save the workbook as pdf and xlsx files called "generatedFile"

When following this scenario the generated file doesn’t have a correctly sorted Month column in the pivot table.

Running the project will generate an xlsx file and a PDF file.
I have attached an input file “input file demonstrate order issue.xlsx” for you to use.

I have also attached a couple of screenshots to give a quick visual difference between the generated files:

Saving before populating the source table.PNG
"populating the source table without the mid code save and reopen.PNG"

Should I post this as another thread?

Hi,

We were able to replicate this issue using your runnable application and the source file. We have logged this issue in our database as a separate ticket. We will look into it and resolve this issue. Once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41738.

We have attached the generated files for a reference.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41728) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

And, please try the new fix/version: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.5.0.1, CELLSNET-41738 should be fixed in this version/fix.

Thank you.