What our client basically wants is the following:
- The user selects a template we created (I work for a communication agency). This template can be completely fixed (e.g. 5 slides that describe a product they sell) or partially open (e.g. the layout is fixed but the user can add some additional slides).
- Depending on the selected template, the user has to enter a slide title, body text, add a picture, etc. It's in a first stage not intended for real advanced things like adding charts for example, but this may come in the future.
- A part of the information in the slide may already be filled out automatically by other applications we made for them. This will mainly be the case for PPTs that describe a certain product or product range.
- After filling out their details, a PPT should be generated. Ideally, a PowerPoint Projector File (PPS? I don't remember the correct extension) should be generated as well.
- The main goal is to preserve their corporate identity guidelines. So the user should not be able to alter the font, colours, brand logo, and so on.