Most "Readable" Barcode Type

Hi All,

I need to select a barcode “type” that has the greatest likelihood of being read after the barcode image itself has degraded from being faxed multiple times. For example, our documents may be faxed up to four times, and with each successive fax, the barcode must be read. So, what is the most readable type.

Furthermore, I would love to have the ability to read up to 50 characters and upper/lowercase, however, it readability would be improved, I could get the barcodes down to numbers only, around 10 characters.

Finally, I would love some advice on optimal size for maximum readability. Too big takes up too much space, but at the same time, I can deal with a bigger size if readability is better without diminishing returns.

Thanks!

Jim
Hi James,

Thank you for your inquiry. I believe 2D barcode symbologies with error correction will have better recognition rate. This is decided by 2D barcode's error correction level during encode. If you think that the barcodes will be degraded and unreadable then you can increase error correction value to the max. Please go through the appropriate documentation link below:

The ideal resolution for recognition purposes is 300dpi to 600dpi. Aspose.BarCode provides better and faster barcode recognition using image processing techniques. MedianSmoothing removes the noise from the image while preserving the image edges. Please visit the documentation link below:

The actual size of the barcode is the optimal. Anyways, you can adjust barcode and barcode image size according to your need. I will suggest you to visit the documentation links below:

I hope this will help you. Please let us know in case of further assistance and comments.