We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

MS Word 2007 Resulting document Cant spell check

Hello,

We are generating the word document using the ASPOSE.WORDS Version 6.6.0.0 component. The word document generated by this component is not allowing us to do a spell check.

Please advice us whether this problem is fixed with the current version of the ASPOSE.WORDS component.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hemal Deshmukh

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. Could you please attach simple document and code, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? I will check the issue and provide you more information.

Also, please try using the latest version of Apsoe.Words. you can download it from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Best regards.

Hello,

I need to discuss with my manager before I could send you the document and code.

Can you please advice me on the following:-

1) If we use the latest version of Aspose.Word component will this spell check issue get resolved. We need to know this since loading of new version of this component involves lot of code change at our end.

2) Is there any immediate resolution for this spell check problem.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hemal

Hi

Thanks for your request and additional information. Actually, I do not need whole document; I need just a simple example, which will allow me to replicate the issue.

Maybe in your case, you should just specify locale:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/aspose.words.font.localeid.html

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Hello,

Our document is a multilingual document.Therefore, we need a default locale that is used by the microsoft word.

Please find attached the word document in which the spell check is not working.This document is generated by ASPOSE.WORD component Version 6.6.0.0.We are having Microsoft Office 2007 installed on our system.

When we were using the Microsoft Office 2003, the spell check was working for this word document generated by ASPOSE.WORD component.But when we refreshed to Microsoft Office 2007, the spell check has stopped working for this word document generated by ASPOSE.WORD component.

Please advice me.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hemal Deshmukh

Hello,

I have attached the sample document generated through the ASPOSE.WORD component and the corresponding code.

The spell check problem is occuring since the document is the protected document.

Following is the code snippet:-

// Protect document to allow data entry in form fields

oDoc.Protect(ProtectionType.AllowOnlyFormFields);

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks and Best Regards

-Hemal Deshmukh.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. This is not a bug, but an expected behavior. If you protect document, you are not allowed to edit it, so there is no sense to have Spell Checker enabled. The same occurs if you protect document using MS Word.

Best regards.

Hello,

In the Message Number : 218729 of this link, I had sent you one document in the attachement.User is telling that they were able to edit the document and use the spell check when the Microsoft Office 2003 was installed on there machine. But when there machine was refreshed to Microsoft Office 2007 the spell check functionality has stopped working. This document was generated in ASPOSE.WORD component. We had not made any code changes.Our code is having this line to protect the document.

// Protect document to allow data entry in form fields

oDoc.Protect(ProtectionType.AllowOnlyFormFields);

Though the document is generated with the above mentioned protected code we allow the user to edit certain fields in the document which they need to fill in.These fields are marked in Grey Color in the document attached with the message 218729.These fields is having spell check problem.They are facing this spell check problem when the Microsoft Office 2007 was installed on there system.

Please advice me.

Thanks and Best Regards

-Hemal Deshmukh

Hi

Thank you for additional information. This is impossible. If your document is protected with AllowOnlyFormFields protection type, spelling checker is disabled in MS Word. I tried opening your document using both MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2007 and in both spelling checker is disabled.

Best regards.

Hello

Before we upgraded to "ASPOSE.WORDS Version 6.6.0.0" component, the spell check menu item in the MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2007 was available for the user. User can perform the spell check using this menu item.

Once we upgraded to "ASPOSE.WORDS Version 6.6.0.0" , the spell check function is only available using the F7 key. The spell check menu item in the MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2007 is NOT available for the user.

Since the F7 feature works in MS Word 2003 and MS Word 2007, our users are expecting the identical spell check menu item in Word to work as well.

Please let us know if there is a configuration setting that has to be set during installation OR is there any patch available to fix this.

Thanks and Best Regards

Hemal

Hi Hemal,

Thank you for additional information. As I already mentioned earlier, it is not a bug. Even if you protect document using MS Word spell checked does not work. There is no sense in spell check because anyways you cannot change anything in the protected document. Have you tried protecting document using MS Word? Also, could you please attach sample document, which was generated by older version of Aspose.Words. I cannot believe that spell checker worked with protected document.

Best regards.

HI,

I have attached the document (Steinjann,Jim-Annual From Jan 01, 2009 To Dec 31, 2009-By Steinjann.doc). In Microsoft word 2003, if we open the document, we are getting popup and toolbar for "Spell check fucntionality" . Please see the attached screen shot document (Sample PFT offline.doc) where i have circled the toolbar and popup.

But we are not getting the same Popup and a Tool bar when i open the document in Microsoft word 2007.

This document is generated using ASPOSE.WORD (Version 6.6.0.0) component.

Please let us know, if there are any setting which will invoke the popup and toolbar in Microsoft word 2007.

Thanks and Regards,

Hemal

Hi

Thank you for additional information. “Spell Check” in your case is a macro. In MS Word 2007 you can find it on “Add-ins” tab. Please see the attached screenshot.

Best regards.