MSG file to PDF with RTF bodies. Retaining formatting

Hello,

I am having an issue with retaining proper formatting in msg files when they are converted to PDF. I am using the suggested method of converting the msg to a mhtml then to pdf as detailed elsewhere.

The example email is attached below (in zip format)

The most obvious issue with this is losing double-strikethrough, but it also loses the ‘shadow’ & ‘outline’ formats and combines the ‘emboss’ & ‘engrave’ formats to look the same.

Is there any other way to go from an RTF-body-msg to PDF without losing the formatting, or keeping as much of the formatting as we can?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

We have checked the intermediate MHTML file after converting MSG using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET v 5.7.0 and were able to observe the differences. One thing to note here is that there are certain limitations from the browser end as well that doesn’t allow display double strike through and Small Caps. You can experiment with this by copying the contents of the email, pasting this in a Microsoft Word file and saving it as MHTML. It will give you the same warnings. Thus, in our opinion, this is a rendering limitation at browser end. Please share your feedback with us for further assistance.
Muhammad.Waqas:
Hi Frederick,

Thank you for posting your inquiry.

We have checked the intermediate MHTML file after converting MSG using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET v 5.7.0 and were able to observe the differences. One thing to note here is that there are certain limitations from the browser end as well that doesn't allow display double strike through and Small Caps. You can experiment with this by copying the contents of the email, pasting this in a Microsoft Word file and saving it as MHTML. It will give you the same warnings. Thus, in our opinion, this is a rendering limitation at browser end. Please share your feedback with us for further assistance.

Yes, the limitation is understandable and is based in the mhtml format. I was more inquiring if there was a work around, pending update or different conversion flow that could allow me to retain this formatting.

The only method I was beginning to explore: extracting the body as an rtf, removing the body section and then trying to interleave the saved portion during the pdf assembly before it was saved as a PDF file. Seeing there didn't seem to be any other way, I was hoping I was missing something.

Thank you for the prompt help.

Hi Frederick,

We are sorry but there is no work around method available that could be used to generate the desired output as the limitation is at the mhtml format end. Even the output of the MS Word to MHTML is far worst than the one generated by Aspose.Email API. Please feel free to contact us if you have any other query about this or any other requirement.