MSG Files stored at SharePoint can not be processed by Aspose MAPI

Hello

When we try to open an Outlook MAPI *.msg message, which was previously stored at a sharepoint server, the aspose library runs into an exception.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Aspose.Network.Outlook.xb978e0c7f427e5c9.x8de50eb9cded41f8(xc1a5328245d170a8 x1f25abf5fb75e795, x31c27b53bd5bfc49 xda5bf54deb817e37, xe7be411416cfcd54 x1aaf12d6975c8115)
at Aspose.Network.Outlook.MapiMessageReader.ReadMessage()
at Aspose.Network.Mail.MailMessage.Load(String fileName, MessageFormat format)

MS Outlook can open the message without any problems, but the Aspose library seems to have problems with outlook message files, which were enriched with metadata by SharePoint WSS 3.0.

Can you please have a look at the two attached files?
The files contain the same message, but one of the files was stored in a SharePoint DocLib, and the other in a normal file system.

Thank you very much for a Response!
Kind Regards,
Christian Broennimann

Hi Christian,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

We are looking into the problem caused while reading the msg file and get back to you shortly with a solution. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi Saqib

This is also a stopper for my customer as I found out today as we store MSG files in SharePoint first before we read them with Aspose.

Please provide a solution for this.

Thanks

Hello,

Could you please check the attached hotfix? This bug had been fixed on v4.3.0.1 hotfix.

Thanks

Hi,

I can confirm it works with WSS3.0.

Thanks a lot,

Bart van Haaff

Hello

Yes, it works fine in WSS 3.0. Thank you for the quick fix!

Kind Regards,

Christian Brönnimann