MSG to EML Text Body Conversion Problem

I am extracting messages from a PST and would like to save them as EML files. In some of the messages there are characters that are not converted whent the EML is created. The content type for the text body is always us-ascii. I have attached a program with a sample message. If I stop in debug and examine the body of the mapi message and the email message, it displays correctly. However, after creating the .eml, the text body contains question marks for some characters. I tried changing the body encoding parameter, but either I didn't do it correctly or it doesn't affect the body. Is there a way to get the text body to correctly contain these characters?

I am developing using VS 2010, C#, and have downloaded the latest build (2.4.0.0) of the email component. Note, also, the license file was deleted form the zip file.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I tried to reproduce this issue at my end using the latest version of Aspose.Email for .NET 2.4.0, but was unable to get success in doing this. Also, I opened the EML file from the “OutputFile” directory of your provided zip file on my system, and the body of the email didn’t show any “?” characters.

In order to verify this, I executed your code and the output contents on both Console window as well as saved file have no irregular characters in it, as you can see in the attached screenshot. I have also attached here the Output EML (generated on my system) for your reference. Please open it at your end and let us know your feedback. We will try to assist you further as soon as possible.

Thank you, but if you open the EML file in NotePad and look at the text body part you will see the question mark characters. I have clipped it and included it below:

----_=_NextPart0_ce781dfb-a5e7-4054-b4f7-bd8f9ae9e567
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Would you try out the ForwardOnboardingStatus template (circled below) and =
let me know if ok? If too much info, just delete what you don?t want for n=
ow, but let me know if you ?d like me to remove some of the defaults=2E Or=
, I can set up as many templates as we need ? so if you want one that just =
forwards notes from first conf call for example, I could do that and name i=
t something like ?ForwardNotesFromFirstConfCall?=2E =20

The question mark between don and t should be an apostrophe, the question mark between you and d should be an apostrophe and there should be quotes around ForwardNotesFromFirstConfCall rather than question marks. These are rendered as &#8217, &#8216, &#8211, &#8220, and &#8221 in the html body part. I should have included this in my previous email.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry for a delayed response.

I was able to observe the issue as you have mentioned in your post. However, as both Outlook and Aspose.Email API are showing the text body properly in the output, I would request you to please tell us in what cases the contents of Notepad can be useful to you (as these are shown properly in the email clients)? We will provide this requirement to our development team then, and sought help in this regard.

The reason for the interest in the text version is that I am working with a document management system in which I use the text version for viewing. Also, I use the text version for full-text indexing and in some cases this problem affects the results.

Thank you,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the details.

I have forwarded all these details to our development team for further investigation and possible assistance if it isn’t a bug. As soon as we have any information in this regard, we will update you here. The issue has been logged as: NETWORKNET-33576 in our issue tracking system.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33576) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.