Multilevel list format are missing in MS Word 2007. multiLevelType w:val="multilevel"

Hi!

My Problem:
I’ve tried the example about the multilevel list(https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.lists/listlevel/ )

with

// Level 2 labels will be "Section (1.01)" and restarting after Level 2 item appears.
list.getListLevels().get(1).setNumberFormat("Section (\u0000.\u0001)");

When I open the output word : “Lists.CreateListRestartAfterHigher Out.doc” with Microsoft Word 2007, I find that this file is wrong. In this word all level-2 lists with “Section (\u0000.\u0001)” are missing.

------------------------
I extract the docx verison of the file, and find if I change the line in the “numbering.xml”, from "<w:multiLevelType w:val="hybridMultilevel" />" to "<w:multiLevelType w:val="multilevel" />", then the multilevel list will be okay for word2007.

------------------------
How can I solve the above problem? Is there a better solution?
Thanks!

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your output document here? I will check the issue on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards,

I appreciate your quick response.

I followed the example in https://reference.aspose.com/words/java/com.aspose.words/listlevel/

The attachement is “Lists.CreateListRestartAfterHigher Out.doc”

Thanks again!

Hi
Thank you for additional information. As I can see, your document looks correct on my side (see the attached screenshot). I use MS Word 2007 for testing. Which version of MS Word do you use on your side?
Best regards,

Hi, thank you for your response!

My version is Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6331.5000) MSO(12.0.6320.5000).

And is the <w:multiLevelType w:val="hybridMultilevel" /> attribute set correctly?

Thanks!

Hi
Thanks for your request. I use MS Word 2007 with SP2 installed. Microsoft Office Word 2007 (12.0.6545.5000) SP2 MSO (12.6554.5001). So maybe SP2 fixes this bug in MS Word.
If I convert the document to DOCX and check numbering.xml, I see the following:
<w:multiLevelType w:val="multilevel" />
Best regards,