Several issues with fonts when converting PPTX to PDF and image

Hi,
I’m using Aspose Slides Java 21.4 and I’m having some serious font issues.
The first one is already explained here where the font thickness on thumbnails is not right. You’ll see it again appear now :
Basically, when saving as PDF instead of as PPTX, I’m losing the fonts. It’s not using the right fonts at all.

Example files here : Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life
You will find a slide screenshot from powerpoint (how it should actually look like, the pptx version, the jpg generated through getThumbnail (with the font thickness issue) and finally the PDF that does not have the right fonts at all.

Here’s how I’m generating the PDF :

asposePresentation=jpype.JClass("com.aspose.slides.Presentation")
  asposeSaveFormat=jpype.JClass("com.aspose.slides.SaveFormat")
  slideUtil=jpype.JClass("com.aspose.slides.SlideUtil")
  shapeType=jpype.JClass("com.aspose.slides.ShapeType")
  javaString=jpype.JClass("java.lang.String")

if file_format == "pdf":
    aspose_format = asposeSaveFormat.Pdf
  else:
    aspose_format = asposeSaveFormat.Pptx

destinationPresentation = asposePresentation()
destinationPresentation.save(file_location, aspose_format)

Am I doing something wrong or is there a real issue with fonts ?
Thanks !

@alb1,
Thank you for the issue description. I’ve logged the issue in our tracking system with ID SLIDESJAVA-38524. Our development team will investigate this case. You will be notified when it is fixed.

That issue has already been resolved. A fix will be released in Aspose.Slides 21.5.

That issue has already been resolved. A fix will be released in Aspose.Slides 21.5

Great news ! Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
And thanks for the investigation !

Hi,

Any news on that pdf font issue ?
Thanks !

@alb1,
This issue has been resolved. A fix will be released in Aspose.Slides 21.5 as well.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-38524) have been fixed in this update.