Multiple table rows per data record. Live Chat Fails

Using MS WORD is not the most reliable way of doing things, so I was looking for a product that does it better. Was recommended this one, but after spending time registering and typing into the live chat was greeted with the message that the chat failed. From your experience people, is this product more reliable than MS WORD and does it have better support?
Anyway, the issue I was investigating was using an API to insert multiple rows into MS WORD table per one data row. The rows above and below the template block of rows should not be affected. Perhaps there is nothing out of the box in the API to do that, but at least ability to copy a bunch of template rows and insert them above the template block and then putting data into the cells will be sufficient. At least that has not been a problem for me using MS WORD API.
I am typically suspicious of vendors who rely on forums for supporting their products, but whatever works
Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,
Thanks for considering Aspose.
Our apologises for the issues you faced while trying to use the Live chat feature. Perhaps you caught us during maintenance when the server was down. In any case, we will follow up on this and attempt to diagnose the issue.
Regarding your request, Aspose.Words has a special feature designed just for this. You can use mail merge with regions to grow a table with each row of data from your database. Further information can be found in our documentation under Mail merge with regions.
We realise the forums are far from perfect as a medium to provide technical support. They do however provide a great way for the community to search for questions already asked by other customers which is why it is still an invaluable tool. We are beginning to look at other options to replace the forums as far as issue tracking goes.
Thanks,

Hi aske012,
I did not expect that advanced functionality to be honest, so that’s fine.
Do I at least have an API to open existing MS Word document, get the block of rows somehow (in WORD I just use a bookmark over a block of rows), make a copy of it, insert this copy above the template block, and navigate the cells to put my data in? Even copying template block one row at a time should be OK as long as there is a decent performance.
Ideally I want to save the result as password-protected PDF with fonts embedded.
Nick
–Reply posted by aske012–
Hi Nick,
Thanks for considering Aspose.
Our apologises for the issues you faced while trying to use the Live chat feature. Perhaps you caught us during maintenance when the server was down. In any case, we will follow up on this and attempt to diagnose the issue.
Regarding your request, Aspose.Words has a special feature designed just for this. You can use mail merge with regions to grow a table with each row of data from your database. Further information can be found in our documentation under Mail merge with regions.
We realise the forums are far from perfect as a medium to provide technical support. They do however provide a great way for the community to search for questions already asked by other customers which is why it is still an invaluable tool. We are beginning to look at other options to replace the forums as far as issue tracking goes.
Thanks,

Hi Nick,
Thanks for this additional information.
Did you have a play with mail merge with regions? This feature sounds exactly like what you are looking for (duplicating table rows and inserting information). If the problem was duplicating many rows at once you can still achieve this in the same way, please see the following code will demonstrate how to open a document and duplicate a table row from a bookmark.
After this is complete you can save the document as PDF with password protection using the following code:

Document doc = new Document("Rendering.doc");
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
// Create encryption details and set owner password.
PdfEncryptionDetails encryptionDetails = new PdfEncryptionDetails(string.Empty, "password", PdfEncryptionAlgorithm.RC4_128);
// Start by disallowing all permissions.
encryptionDetails.Permissions = PdfPermissions.DisallowAll;
// Extend permissions to allow editing or modifying annotations.
encryptionDetails.Permissions = PdfPermissions.ModifyAnnotations | PdfPermissions.DocumentAssembly;
saveOptions.EncryptionDetails = encryptionDetails;
// Render the document to PDF format with the specified permissions.
doc.Save("Document Out.pdf", saveOptions);

And the following article describes how to set how fonts are embedded when converting to PDF:

Thanks,

<span style=“font-size: 12pt; font-family: “Times New Roman”,“serif”;”>Hi aske012,
Thank you for your help!
Yes I went to the link in your previous reply and immediately saw the one row limitation. Perhaps nesting tables is not an elegant solution and you never know what PDF reader at the other end will screw . If I can clone rows that should work for me. Now I just need to figure out the performance of the API for an average statement. Can I assume that saving to PDF with fonts and password is included into the Aspose.Word price?
Best regards
Nick
–Reply posted by aske012–
Hi Nick,
Thanks for this additional information.
Did you have a play with mail merge with regions? This feature sounds exactly like what you are looking for (duplicating table rows and inserting information). If the problem was duplicating many rows at once you can still achieve this in the same way, please see the following thread for details. If I missed anything, please let me know.
Alternatively if that does not suit your needs you can use bookmarks as you proposed and thefollowing code will demonstrate how to open a document and duplicate a table row from a bookmark.
After this is complete you can save the document as PDF with password protection and fonts embedded. Please see the following articles for details:

Thanks,

Hi
Nick,
Thanks for the additional information and sorry for the delayed response. We’re checking with this scenario and will get back to you soon.
Best Regards,

Hi
Nick,
Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delayed response. You can use the following code snippet to be able to clone a table Row:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "Table.SimpleTable.doc");
// Retrieve the first table in the document.
Table table = (Table)doc.GetChild(NodeType.Table, 0, true);
// Clone the last row in the table.
Row clonedRow = (Row)table.LastRow.Clone(true);
// Remove all content from the cloned row's cells. This makes the row ready for
// new content to be inserted into.
foreach (Cell cell in clonedRow.Cells)
cell.RemoveAllChildren();
// Add the row to the end of the table.
table.AppendChild(clonedRow);
doc.Save(MyDir + "Table.AddCloneRowToTable Out.doc");

Nick:

Can I assume that saving to PDF with fonts and password is included into the Aspose.Word price?
Yes, this is amongst the core functionalities of Aspose.Words and there is no extra cost for this.
If we can help you with anything else, please feel free to ask.
Best Regards,

Hi there,
Regarding the live chat problem, can you please let me know if this happens when you are on a particular part of the website e.g home page, the forums, etc or anywhere? Do you also have the same problem when using different browsers and/or machines.
You’re help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,