Multiple Word Documents -> Multiple PDFs -> Concate Performance/Tunning

I am looking for recommendations to increase performance on create a single PDF from the following scenario

This list of documents

1. Word Document - Range Replace (string, value, false, false) - Convert to PDF
  2. PDF Document - FillField(field, value) -> FlattenAllFields
  3. Word Document - Range Replace (string, value, false, false) - Convert to PDF
  4. PDF Document - FillField(field, value) -> FlattenAllFields
  5. Merge all documents to a single pdf

Currently I am using the following to convert to a pdf and this just seems to run very slow
//Convert to PDF
var asposePDFConversionStream = new MemoryStream();
var finalPDFStream = new MemoryStream();
asposeWord.Save(asposePDFConversionStream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf);

var pdf = new Pdf();
pdf.BindXML(asposePDFConversionStream, null);
pdf.Save(finalPDFStream);

Also I use the following to merge all documents (now pdf's) to a single pdf
pdfEditor.Concatenate(memoryStreams.ToArray(), commitedDocument);

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Please visit the following link for information on how to Speed up Word to PDF conversion

FYI. In recent versions of Aspose.Words, a new Direct-to-PDF save method of converting word documents into PDF format is introduced, which does not include Aspose.Pdf during this process. May be you can try this approach as well, as it only includes single product to do the complete job. For more related information, please visit How-to: Convert a Document to PDF

Once all the documents are converted, you may try using Aspose.Pdf.Kit to merge all the PDF documents.

In case it does not resolve your problem, or you've any further query, please feel free to contact.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thanks for your request. The latest version of Aspose.Words supports direct method of PDF conversion (without using Aspose.Pdf). In most cases, this method works much faster than legacy method (Aspose.Words+Aspose.Pdf). Please see the following link for more information:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net-and-java/howto-convert-a-document-to-pdf.html

You can download the latest version of Aspose.Words from here:

http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/category1188.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you very much for considering Aspose.

I would like to share with you that you can use Form class of Aspose.Pdf.Kit to manipulate PDF forms. You can use FillField method to fill the form fields and FlattenAllFields method to flatten PDF fields.

As far as performance is concerned, please do the following:

1) Download and use the latest version of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET
2) Prefer memory streams over file streams
3) If you’re trying to concatenate PDF files containing forms then use ConcatenateForms method

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do let us know.
Regards,