IF ELSE Conditional Mustache Syntax for Mail Merge with Custom Tags & External Data Source Java

Hello,

We are evaluating transitioning to the Aspose Java Total product, but I’m having similar issues as this ticket. I need to provide a go/no-go decision by mid-week. We are ready to commit to Aspose, but if we can’t get this working, I’ll have to use Apache POI etc.

I’m trying to use the Java Mustache Syntax for mail merge using custom tags and an external data source. I pulled the latest version of the examples from GitHub (uses aspose-words-18.11-jdk16.jar).

I seem to be chasing my tail a bit trying to locate the complete Mustache documentation. There is partial Mustache documentation, but doesn’t include the full feature set (eg. “if”, “if/else”…).

From looking at the docs/forums and playing with the sample code, I’m starting to wonder if I should switch the XML tag syntax format used by LINQ reporting engine.

Below are additional forum links:

Thanks,
Erik

@ewestland,

Please follow your other thread for further proceedings. We will also be sure to improve online documentation in this regard. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@ewestland,

It is to update you that we have added the Conditional Block example in documentation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17884) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.1 update.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-16496) have been fixed in this update

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17876) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.1 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.1 update.