We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Named range disappears after a save


In libreoffice calc (v6.4.0.3), i create a document with 2 sheets.
In the first sheet, i create 2 named lists.
The first one is global, and the other one local to Sheet1.
I sum these list in both sheet1 and sheet2.

Then using aspose cells .net (v20.1), i simply use this code :
Workbook wb = new Workbook(@“global_scope_range.ods”);

1/ In Sheet1, the global list is still OK, but the local named list does not exist anymore.
2/ In Sheet2, the global list does not exist.

I join the input and output file to illustrate the bug.

Can you help me ?
Debug.zip (14.4 KB)

Thank you for your query.

When I open your global_scope_range.ods in MS Excel, I got result of =SUM(list2) on both the sheets as #NAME. However when I typed the formulas again on both the sheets, the resultant ODS file was fine as per your description.

Next I executed the code using this saved file global_scope_range.ods and created output.ods file. When this output.ods file is opened in Excel, the lists are gone from both the sheets i.e. in Sheet1 the global list is also gone.

This issue is logged for investigating all the scenarios. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as
CELLSNET-47145 – Named range disappears after opening and saving ODS file


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.8 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.1.8 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.8 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)


I am looking at the output.

If i open the output in LibreOffice :
Sheet1 is OK
Sheet2 is NOT OK : =SUM(list1) does not work.

If i open the output with Excel, both list1 and list2 have disappeared.
In Sheet1 both =SUM(list1) and =SUM(list2) returns #VALUE!
In Sheet2, =SUM(list1) returns #VALUE! and =SUM(list2) returns #NAME?


Did you try using the shared fixed version?


Console.WriteLine(CellsHelper.GetVersion()); -> 20.1.8


Thanks for the confirmation.
We will look into it and try to figure it out soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.


This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.


Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.1.9 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.1.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.0 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.1.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.0 MB)

Thank you very much !
It is working now.


Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the new fix/version. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47145) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.2. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by Amjad_Sahi