I have create a tempalte excel file with smart markers.
My client wants a table (so she can filter with the dropdowns in the column headers) but it does not work : the data does not get replaced.
If I use a simple named range it works
Surely tables are supported no? What does it take to replace the data in the a tabel?
Best Regards, Tom
Please try the attached latest version/fix.
I have tested your scenario a bit (using smart markers with tables/list objects) and it works fine.
If you still find the issue, kindly create a console demo application, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon.
Sorry that I was not clear about the problem. The data is replaced fine and is not the problem.
My scenario is that there is a pivot table connected to the table. (The piviot table is told to refresh its data on open )
The problem is the source table will not be expanded to all the rows that are inserted using the smart markers. I am kinda expecting this but maybe I have to do some programming?
Only the first row of the table (or named range) is part of the table which is the row containing the smart markers.
Please advice on how to solve this. Sorry again for phrasing my question badly.
Best Regards, Tom
Please post your template excel file here with all the details to show the issue, we will check your issue soon.
Here you find the VS project http://worksol.be/temp/KBVR201002150154ToHostBasket.zip
The page to test is default.aspx and then click on “Get The Result”.
I uses data stored in a sql server which is not present but I hope you can diagnose it with some dummy data.
If you run the sample the table will only consist of the first row. The rest of the data is not part of the tabel
The second sheet in the excel file contains a pivot table that needs all the data.
I just made my scenario work (connecting the data to the pivot table) with named ranges. I found this document http://www.aspose.com/documentation/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/working-with-pivottable.html that explains you have to define the range starting from the first column header to the last data cell.
If I do the same thing for a table the data does not get included in the table. This is the only problem left.
Kindly create a small console demo application to show the issue, zip it and either attach it here in this thread (kindly use Add/Update button) or upload to your file server to give the url, we will check your issue soon.
Furthermore, we downloaded your previous zipped archive @:
But the archive looks damaged when trying to extract the files from it.
The zip fiile was indeed corrupt. Sorry for that, I don’t know what happened.
This zip file should be correct :
Thanks for the project.
"If you run the sample the table will only consist of the first row. The
rest of the data is not part of the tabel"
I have found the issue after an initial test, the table/list object is not expanded enough to fill the data into it after the markers are processed. We will look into your issue and get back to you soon.
I have logged your issue into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-15159.
I like to follow up on this issue. Can you tell us what the status is?
Hopefully, we can complete the task in Q4 2010.
Thanks for the schedule Amjad
Will I get an email when issue CELLSNET-15159 is solved?
Sure you will get the mail when the issue is resolved.
I need to use a table (with formatting and filter columns) so a named range will not do AFAIK.
It has been 6 months since I reported this. Any update on when I can see this bug fixed?
Please accept my apologies for the delay. We are Continuously working on the issue. We will update you with the possible solution very soon.
We appreciate your endurance.
Could you please try the new fix v188.8.131.52 (attached). If you still have any problem, please feel free to contact us with details.
Find attached the demo application that I used to give feedback on the new version.
The app is self contained, you only need a sql server around. No need to setup a database.
1. The style of the table (green zebra stripes with a colored header) is not maintained.
2. If I put a colored table in the worksheet on another sheet its style is stripped. Thats strange.
3. You don’t need to make it a table or named range. The new strategy of the build I receive just looks for markers and replaces them.
4. Its good to see that formatting is not lost.
Point 1 is a bit of a dissapointing. How can I maintain the style?
Point 2 seems like a bug.
Kind Regards, Tom
Many thanks for the feedback and effort. It helped a lot.
We are able to reproduce the issue mentioned by you. The issue has been logged into our Tracking System with ID CELLSNET-20789. We will update you as soon as possible.
There are 2 seperate issues that need to be resolved before I can use aspose.cells in current solution :
1. The table with the smart markers loses its design (header, striped pattern,…)
2. In addition, the styles of all the cells/tables are all lost when the file is processed for markers. Not only the table/named range looses its design.
Can I expect a fix for point 1 since point 2 is not a bug that affects my current solution.
Regards, Tom Pester