Need help in Convert asp.net mvc kendo ui grid to PDF and word using aspose

Hi Dear ,

I'm in a processing of converting asp.net mvc kendo ui grid (should export all the rows in grid) to PDF and Word using aspose.

Is it possible using aspose or not??

Is there any technical reference?? or documentaion ??

Is there any sample which actually does similar requirement.??

which library i have to use aspose.word or aspose.pdf?? or both???

Can you please guide me how to accomlish this???

Thanks,

Thulasi.

Hi Dear ,

I'm in a processing of converting asp.net mvc kendo ui grid (should export all the rows in grid) to PDF and Word using aspose.

Is it possible using aspose or not??

Is there any technical reference?? or documentaion ??

Is there any sample which actually does similar requirement.??

Can you please guide me how to accomlish this???

Thanks,

Thulasi.

Hi Thulasi,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

I would like to share the information from Aspose.Pdf perspective. This component provides the capability to create as well as manipulate existing PDF files. It also offers the feature to read data from DataTable, DataView and Object Array. I am afraid currently it does not support the direct conversion of MVC Kendo UI grid to PDF format, but as per your requirement, if you can export the data from Kendo UI Docs to any of the above formats, you can place the information inside PDF document. For further details, please visit Integrate Table with Database.

Now concerning to your other requirement on converting it to Word document, my fellow worker from Aspose.Words team will share further details.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Thulasi,

Thanks for your inquiry. Aspose.Words does not convert MVC Kendo UI grid to PDF file format. Aspose.Words for .NET is
a class library that enables your applications to perform a great range
of document processing tasks. Aspose.Words supports DOC, DOCX, RTF,
HTML, OpenDocument, PDF, XPS, EPUB and other formats. With Aspose.Words
you can generate, modify, convert, render and print documents without
utilizing Microsoft Word®. For more information please see the following
link:

Once you have loaded a file of LoadFormat into Aspose.Words DOM, you can easily render it to PDF. I would suggest you please read the following article for more details:

Nayyer Shahbaz/Tahir Manzoor,

I was able to generate pdf from html but some how my html page width is not fitting into the pdf ( i have around 12 columns in my html page but in pdf its displaying only 3 columns)

I did implemented the below post but still having same issue.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/83348

for your better understanding please find the attached screen shot.

2. Is there any possibility of displaying html styles in pdf???( my current html page is having styles but in pdf its not displaying)

Thanks,
Thulasi.

Hi Thulasi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

thulasinycsca:

I was able to generate pdf from html but some how my html page width is not fitting into the pdf ( i have around 12 columns in my html page but in pdf its displaying only 3 columns)
My html does not fit to aspose pdf page

You can increase the page width by using PageSetup.PageWidth property. In your case, I suggest you please use the following code snippet to achieve your requirements. Hope this helps you.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + “in.html”);

foreach (Section section in doc.Sections)

{

section.PageSetup.Orientation = Aspose.Words.Orientation.Landscape;

//You can set the page width if required

section.PageSetup.PageWidth = 1000;

}

doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.pdf");

thulasinycsca:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/83348

I am moving this forum thread to Aspose.Total forum. My colleagues from Aspose.Pdf team will reply you shortly.

thulasinycsca:

2. Is there any possibility of displaying html styles in pdf???( my current html page is having styles but in pdf its not displaying)

Please note that Aspose.Words mimics the same behavior as MS Word do. If you convert your HTML to Pdf by using MS Word, you will get the same output. Upon processing HTML, some features of HTML might be lost. You can find a list of limitations upon HTML exporting/importing here:
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Load+in+the+HTML+%28.HTML%2C+.XHTML%2C+.MHTML%29+Format
http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/wordsnet/Save+in+the+HTML+%28.HTML%2C+.XHTML%2C+.MHTML%29+Format

It would be great if you please share following detail for investigation purposes.

• Please attach your input HTML document.
  • Please supply us with the code from your application that is causing the issue
  • Please attach the output Pdf file that shows the undesired behavior.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to say what the problem is without the Document(s) and simplified application. We need your Document(s) and simple project to reproduce the problem. As soon as you get these pieces of information to us we'll start our investigation into your issue.

Now i’m getting another issue after trying with below code:

Issue: simple style sheet also not displaying,Please find the attached documents for your better understand.( I have saved out put in 2 formats 1.Html 2.Pdf… after looking into generated html out put some how css styles are missing.)

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + “in.html”);

foreach (Section section in doc.Sections)

{

section.PageSetup.Orientation = Aspose.Words.Orientation.Landscape;

//You can set the page width if required

section.PageSetup.PageWidth = 1000;

}

doc.Save(MyDir + “Out.pdf”);

Thanks,

Thulasi.

Hi Thulasi,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. I have logged this issue as WORDSNET-9176 in our issue tracking system. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

Unfortunately, HTML
import engine of Aspose.Words does not fully support styles on
Div/Table nodes during importing Html into Aspse.Words’ DOM at the moment. I have linked your request to the appropriate feature (WORDSNET-3163 and WORDSNET-7701) in our issue tracking system. You
will be notified via this forum thread once these features are
available.

Moreover, the good news is that both features will be available in next version of Aspose.Words (v13.10.0) which is planned to be released by the end of this month (around October’ 31, 2013).

Most probably, WORDSNET-9176 is related to above mentioned features. We will update you via this forum thread once there is any update available on this issue. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Thulasi,

Thanks for sharing the resource files.

I have also tested the scenario using Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.5.0 and as per my observations, the output is quite better as compare to the output being generated by Aspose.Words. However there are some formatting issues (the output is not identical to input HTML). For
the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-35978. We
will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status
of a correction. We
apologize for your inconvenience.

For your reference, I have also attached the resultant PDF generated over my end.

[C#]

// load source HTML file<o:p></o:p>

Document pdfdoc = new
Document(@“C:\pdftest\ContactList_input.html”,
new HtmlLoadOptions());<o:p></o:p>

// save the output in PDF format<o:p></o:p>

pdfdoc.Save(@“C:\pdftest\ontactList_input_PDFNEWNET.pdf”);<o:p></o:p>

// save output in HTML format<o:p></o:p>

pdfdoc.Save(@“C:\pdftest\ContactList_input_PDFNEWNET.html”,
SaveFormat.Html);

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-7701) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-3163) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(53)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-35978) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 8.9.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-9176) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.