Need help in .odt to .docx conversion using Aspose Words for Java

Hello,

I’m using aspose evaluation version. I have a simple .odt format document of 6 pages. When i convert it to .docx format I’m unable to view the content properly using Microsoft Word while I can view it fine in OpenOffice or LibreOffice.

Are there any formatting options that I have to set?

The code I used is :

Document doc = new Document("fileName.odt")
doc.save("out.docx", doc);

Kindly can anyone look into this and have the issue cleared?

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input Odt document here for testing? We will investigate the issue on our side and provide you more information.

Hello Tahir,

I have attached both the input and output files. Please do check.

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for sharing the documents. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSJAVA-1314. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Could you give us a time frame for the issue to be resolved?

Thanks

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. We try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

It was told that the issue I’m facing is logged as WORDSJAVA-1314 in the issue tracking system but I couldn’t find a link to check the same. Can you provide me a link to the issue tracking system?

Thanks.

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, there is no direct way you can use to track issues by yourself. But, you are welcome to ask your issue status via forum threads. We will verify the status from our internal issue tracking system and reply you back.

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for the prompt reply. So, could you check the status of the issue WORDSJAVA-1314 that was raised earlier and revert back.

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Currently, your issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Once our product team completes the analysis of your issue, we will then be able to provide you an estimate.

Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Hi Tahir,

We are at the end of the free trial period of aspose and the license will expire soon. We faced the issue WORDSJAVA-1314 while implementing a POC using Aspose. If you can assure me that the issue will be resolved soon, we can move forward to purchase the licensed product. Also, can you give me a timeline at least an approximate one, for the issue to be resolved?

Thanks

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Hopefully, the fix of this issue will be available in next version of Aspose.Words (February 2016 release). We will inform you via this forum thread once February 2016 release is published.

We appreciate your patience.

Hello Tahir,

My temporary license to test your products is completed. Can i get the temporary license extended for few more days for we still have to test some of the features of Aspose libraries to be incorporated with our application.

Thanks

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you can request again for 30-days temporary license from here:
Get temporary license

Your issue has been resolved in Aspose.Words for Java 16.2.0. Please use latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 16.2.0 and let us know if you have any more queries.

Hello Tahir,

We are pleased to know that the issue was resolved from your side so quickly. We have also tested the new version and were able to generate documents successfully. We are looking forward to use your products in our application.

Thank You.

Hi Siddu,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-1314) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.