Need performance improvement in Excel AutofitRows()

Hi ,

I am currently using Aspose cells 6.0.1.0.

When I am trying to apply the AutofitRows(), Its taking so much of time.

Could you please help me on this.

Regards,

Yugandhar Simhadri

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for .NET.

We recommend you to download and use the latest version: Aspose.Cells
for .NET v7.4.0.2
and see if it resolves your issue.

Hi ,

I have checked with the latest version 7.4.0.2. But the
performance has not improved. I have 22 columns and 3 columns are having
more than 1000 characters each. I have 22690 rows and the total excel
size is 29 MB. Its taking around 5 minutes 20 seconds for applying
autofitrows().

Regards,

Yugandhar Simhadri

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Since, your output xls/xlsx file is quite large, so we think, it is normal that Aspose.Cells is taking so much time.

If you get performance issue because of smaller file, then it might not be normal and we might investigate your issue.

Hi Faiz,

Thanks for you reply.

I too understand the volume of data. While applying the styles like color, font and etc or inserting the data, the time taking is very low. its almost finishing in less than one minute. But while applying autofitrows() its taking time.

Is there any other way to do this.

Best Regards,
Yugandhar Simhadri

Hi,

Well, if you have long list of data into lots of cells in the rows of a column, then it may take more time for auto-fit Rows/Columns operation. The reason is we have to calculate all the contents and length of the data filled into the cells to subsequently extend the height/width to fit the longest list based cell accordingly. I think you can also try to manually extend the width of the row using Cells.SetRowHeight() method instead if you got very large list of data in the cells. Also, please pick your favorite rows and try to use AutoFitRow() method individually instead.

Thank you.