Need solution for Aspose License Expire

My project Aspose license(ppt, cell, pdf) is going to expire on next month (Dec15th) but I already renewed Aspose license due to release constraints. So which one do I need to use now? Do I get any issue if I’m using renewed license file before expired one?

@RajRitheesh,
No, there is no issue in using the renewed license in your scenario and you may use your new license in your project.

Thank you for your response.
I will do it … Also need clarification like what type of issue will face while using expired license.

@RajRitheesh,

You will get an exception about your subscription expiry when you try to use an expired license with the APIs.

Just for your information, when you purchase a license for a product, you are authorized to use this license file with any new (and upcoming (official versions)) versions, hot fixes or interim releases of the component(s) for the next whole year. Moreover, your license will never expire if you use your license with the product’s version/hot fix that should be released before your subscription expiry date (you may open the license file into notepad and check the subscription expiry date of your license, please do not modify your license least it would not work any more). Please note, if you need to use any version of the product(s) which is released after your subscription expiry date, then you must upgrade your subscription. For more details about licensing, please contact or post a query in Aspose.Purchase forum.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Today I have updated the aspose pdf license and I got below error once execute the setlicense.
“The license is not valid for this product”

@RajRitheesh,

Please make sure that you use Aspose.PDF license with Aspose.PDF for Java APIs. You cannot use Aspose.PDF license file with any other APIs (e.g Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides, etc.). Let us know with more details if you still find any issue or confusion.

@Amjad_Sahi
The issue got resolved after upgraded to Aspose.PDf for .net to v20.8.

In Version 17.11 the DLL name for the aspose was aspose.pdf.dll and latest version has Aspose.PDF.dll so it’s causing the issue while set the license… Can i know reason why the name got changed?

@RajRitheesh

We made this change for all APIs that have a file format in their names e.g. PDF, HTML, PUB, etc. However, we also handled the name change scenario in terms of license settings so there should not be any issue while using the license with the latest versions of the APIs. You faced an issue as you were trying to use a new license with an older version of the API where the product name was different.

Nevertheless, it is good to know that things have started working at your side after upgrading to higher version. Please let us know in case you have further inquiry.

@asad.ali
Thank you for your response :slight_smile: