Need Some Information About setDefaultAsianFont

Hi,

We need some details about "setDefaultAsianFont".
Please tell us what this API does.

Few Questions:

1. Does it always renders the presentation using the default Asian font passed in this method? or,
Does it use this font if the Asian font present in presentation is not found in system?

2. Does this API use some mechanism to detect those text portions of presentation which use Asian fonts?

3. Please consider the following situation. We have a presentation consists of three Asian fonts say A.ttf, B.ttf, C.ttf.
The Asian font passed in the "setDefaultAsianFont" be D.ttf. Will this render
the PowerPoint with only D.ttf? I meant to say will text using fonts A, B and C be rendered using D?

Please provide these necessary details so that we may decide if this API can
serve our purpose.

Thanks
Manisha

Hi Manisha,

Thanks for getting back to us. I have observed your requirement and like to share that setDefaualtAsianFont() method sets the default Asian font for the portion text for which used Asian font is unavailable on the system. So, as in your case for three Asian fonts A.ttf, B.ttf and C.ttf used in your presentation. If B.ttf is not available and rest are available on your system but has been used in presentation that you are loading then font for text using B.ttf will be rendered using the Asian font set in setDefaualtAsianFont() method. I hope this will clarify the point. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,