Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Need to add Approval- date- signature to received pdf - prefer watermark but would consider other ways

Using VS.Net 2003, ASP.NET 1.1, we have the following scenario.

Receive pdf file from customer (it is a legal motion), then Judge reviews received pdf, and we need to allow judge to approve the pdf.

Can we do this with your PDF kit. The request was to add a watermark to the existing pdf.

Would it be possible to do a merge to add the watermark? The received pdf might be a read only file. However, could we merge the received pdf with another pdf that contained a watermark, to create a new pdf.

Any suggestions of accomplishing adding a date and Judge's signature with the text of "Approved" would be appreciated.

We curently use Aspose products (Excel, PDF, and Word), but are willing to purchase addtional product to accomplish the above.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

I would like to list your requirements as following, according to my apprehending :

1. You need to audit a pdf with the document contents or comments in that pdf.

----Aspose.Pdf.Kit supports the feature of getting text (for contents) and the features of extracting or exporting annotations (for comments). It is no problem to perform such tasks.

2. A date and a signature with the text of "Approved" should be added to the audited pdf(perhaps a secured one).

----The goal could be achieved by the function of PdfFileStamp. And an alternative solution is to use the method of PdfContentEditor.CreateRubberStamp. I recommend you could use the method of CreateRubberStamp.

----And for the secured pdf issue, Aspose.Pdf.Kit supports the security mode of both "secure pdf with passwords" and "secure pdf with digital certificates". So you only need to know the passwords(if the pdf is encrypted by passwords), or you may need a digital certificate(if the pdf is digitally signed).

Best regards,