Need to flatten the layers on a pdf document

Can I use Aspose.PDF or Aspose.PDF.Kit to flatten the layers on a PDF?

I have several pdf files that have been edited using Adobe Writer and now have text boxes that I need to flatten programatically.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Jessi,

If you’re interested to flatten form fields like text boxes etc. you can use FlattenAllFields method to flatten all the form fields at once or FlattenField method to flatten a particular field. However, I’m afraid, Aspose.Pdf.Kit doesn’t allow you to flatten layers. If you want to flatten the layers then please share a sample PDF file, so we could try to provide such a feature in future.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,

I've attached a pdf with a simple layer containing a text box and some lines. The text box is not a form field.

I am currently using the Pdf.Kit to concatenate several pdf documents. Some of these documents have layers similar to the one on the included test Pdf. Certain users have differnt print/printer/registry settings and in some cases layers will not print automatically from their machines.

This causes a loss of data. I was hoping to flatten the layers so that the needed information would always be retained for all users when printing the concatenated pdf documents.

If you have any advice on how to handle this or if a feature to handle this scenario is added in a newer version of your tools please let me know.

Thanks.

I just realized that what I am looking at is not a layer but an annotation.

I think the PdfAnnotationEditor will do what I need.

Thanks.

Hi Jessi,

You’re right. The PDF file contains annotations. You can use FalatteningAnnotations method of PdfAnnotationEditor class. Please try it at your end. If it still doesn’t resolve your issue then please also share that where it is actually causing the problem and what error or exception you’re having.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,