Need to insert OLE Objects into Word. Is it feasible with Aspose.Word? If yes- Want to know the procedure for the same. Please respond. Thank you!

Need to insert OLE Objects into Word. Is it feasible with Aspose.Word? If yes, Want to know the procedure for the same.
Please respond. Thank you!
FYIP, I happen to see an example for inserting OLE object in Excel, but the same functionality is missing in Word. Please Help.

Aspose Documentation

Class Libraries & REST APIs for the developers to manipulate & process Files from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, PDF, CAD & several other categories in Web, Desktop or Mobile apps. Develop & deploy on Windows, Linux, MacOS &…

Need to insert OLE Objects into Word.
Is it feasible with Aspose.Word? If yes, Want to know the procedure for the same.

Please respond. Thank you!

FYIP, I happen to see an example for inserting OLE object in Excel, but the same functionality is missing in Word. Please Help.

https://docs.aspose.com/cells/net/managing-ole-objects/

Hi Sinesh,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Words. I am afraid, insertion of new OLE objects into a Word document and updating existing OLE objects are not supported yet. Inserting an OLE object usually requires the host application and probably cannot be done by Aspose.Words. I have linked your thread to the appropriate feature in our issue tracking system. You will be notified as soon as this feature is supported. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(19)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-1206) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(41)

I wonder are there documentations or examples of how to insert OLE object with latest Aspose Words ? :slight_smile:

Hi Jiaguo,

Thanks for your request. We will update the documentation shortly. Please see the following examples:

Insert embedded Excel 97-2003 document as iconic OLE object from stream using predefined image:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
Stream memoryStream = File.OpenRead(MyDir + "Book1.xls");
Shape oleObject = builder.InsertOleObject(memoryStream, "Excel.Sheet.8", true, null);
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.docx");

Insert linked Word document from file as normal OLE object using custom presentation image

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
Image image = Image.FromFile(MyDir + "Aspose.Words.png");
Shape oleObject = builder.InsertOleObject(MyDir + "Doc1.docx", true, false, image);
doc.Save(MyDir + @"out.docx");

I hope, this helps.

Best regards,