Negative Values in perantheses

Hi,

I have some issues while saving an excel file to PDF. I need to display the Negative values in Perantheses in PDF File.

When i try to use the ExportasFixedFormat function to export the excel sheet to PDF, i am getting Negative values in Perantheses. But when i use ASPOSE.Cells to save the Excel sheet to PDF, i am getting Negative values in PDF output. SO please suggest what needs to be done to display the Negative values in perantheses in PDF output.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi,

Please try latest fixed version v7.0.0.4: Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.4
If you still find the issue, let us know with template Excel file, we need to test the conversion to PDF. For your information, the PDF file should be same as the print preview of worksheets in MS Excel. So, if the negative numbers are formatted as "enclosed with parentheses" then the Aspose.Cells should export to PDF file with numbers formatted as same when viewed the sheets in MS Excel in print preview mode. Otherwise you need to set the numbers formatting accordingly. We can suggest you to format the numbers format accordingly using Aspose.Cells API before saving the file to PDF, the product fully support all the built-in and custom oriented numbers formats. See the document for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/setting-display-formats-of-numbers-dates.html

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and sending me the latest Files. I got an issue after i add a reference to this new dlls (Aspose.Cells) to my Windows Service and Build the project. When i start the Service I am getting an error. when i use the old (Aspose.Cells V 6.0) i am able to build and run the service properly. DO i need to do any changes to my windows service if we use the latest version?

Thanks

sree

hi,

I will give you the complete picture.

1. First windows service uses Aspose.Cells

2. Second windows Service also uses Aspose.Cells.

3. Third windows services using Aspose.Cells,Aspose.Words, Aspose.slides and Aspose.PDF.

Today i downloaded the latest Aspose.Total only DLLS from your web site.

All the Services are using the Latest DLLS now. I did build, install and start the Windows Services (First and Third) successfully. But Second one giving issues while starting the service.

If i use the old Aspose.Cells(6.0) version in the Second Windows Service, it starts successfully. So. What i have to do to sort out this problem.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi,

Will you please catch the exception and log the error in Event Viewer, Database or text file and post here?

It is quite possible, your code might have broken because upgrading the Aspose.Cells. I will recommend you to run and debug your code with latest version and then deploy it to your windows service.

Hi,

I am sending you the sample application with sample excel file. Please send me the code to solve this issue. I did attach the PDF output files generated with Excel and Aspose. You can see the difference in the pdf documents (bottom of the page, the row below the "Total " Row)

Hi,

I was able to replicate the problem using the latest version:
Aspose.Cells for Java v7.0.1.3

I have attached the source file, output file and the screenshot for a reference. Below is my code.

We have logged this issue in our database, we will fix it and let you asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-31005.

Java

String path = “F:\Shak-Data-RW\Downloads\Test\Test.xls”;

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(path);

workbook.save(path + “.out.pdf”);

Screenshot:

Hi,

After evaluating your issue further, we come to know when we open your given template file into MS Excel, we can find that the cell values can also be shown as negative value instead of with parentheses. So, we think it should not be a bug with our product.

Thank you.

Sir,

Please open the Template file in MS EXcel 2007 instead of 2003. We are using MS Excel 2007.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi,

You are right, the Ms-Excel 2010 also shows parenthesis. I have added your comment in our database. We will re-investigate this issue and fix it.

Below is a screenshot for a reference:

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.1.7

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 31005) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the Aspose.Cells for SSRS. On the Excel and on the Data Only Excel outputs i see the negative values as-is, like -$100.10, instead of $(100.10). Is there anything specific that we need to do. We have recently purchased the Version 1.9.

Thanks,

Ragu...

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have logged your requirements in our database for investigation. We will look into it and provide you a fix or update. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40113.

Any updates on this yet? We have the SITE OEM License, anyways to speed up the process is appreciated. Is it something to do with the culture info set through the device info settings / configuration? Just a thought.

Thanks,

Ragu...

Hi,

We are afraid, there is no update for you at this moment. However, we have logged your comments. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

raguraman.vayanakkan:

Any updates on this yet? We have the SITE OEM License, anyways to speed up the process is appreciated. Is it something to do with the culture info set through the device info settings / configuration? Just a thought.

Thanks,

Ragu...

Hi,

Please post your Report Define (RDL) file here. We will check it asap.

Hi,

Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.9.0.33 (SSRS2008R2).

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Please let us know your run results.

If you need other version, please let us know.

If you still face the issues, please post your report file here. We will check it ASAP.

We have narrowed it down to a reason. When the currency format for a Text box with in the RDL is mentioned "C" the output format is working as expected. For Example $(100.10).. But when its mentioned as "C2" output is coming as -$100.10.

=Format(Fields!Price.Value, "C") This works

=Format(Fields!Price.Value, "C2") This doesnt work

This is a problem in the formats Excel - XLSX and Data Only XLSX formats that we have tested so far.

This is holding us up on several items, we expect a quick fix / response from Aspose.

Thanks,

Ragu...

Hi,

In order to investigate this issue further, please provide your RDL file. We have also logged your comments in our database. We will look into it and update you asap.