Nested mail merge region

We’ve been evaluating this product for a couple of days. With the exception of nested region support (or lack thereof), we’re mostly pleased w/ how it works.
Do you have a time table on support for nested region? And what is the most efficient workaround to this limitation for the time being? Is it recommended or feasible to insert rows of data during merge field event?
Thanks.

Hi,
Thank you for evaluating Aspose.Words. Indeed, we aware of the fact nested regions is an extremely important feature and we are planning to release it somewhere in 2007. The most efficient workaround is shown by the Product Catalog demo project, please consider it. The main idea is merging fragments of documents and combining them together. Regarding the possibility of inserting rows within mail merge event handler - yes, I think it is feasible using DocumentBuilder; however, we normally recommend the Product Catalog approach just to avoid any side effects.

Quick addition: using DocumentBuilder to insert contents into the document during mail merge is recommended as well, just maybe it is slightly less efficient than combining document fragments. Consider the Document Builder demo project and the DocumentBuilder.MoveToMergeField method.

Has there been any updates in this area with the Aspose tool? We are hoping to use nested merge regions to show report data and am aware of the Product Catalog demo approach but was hoping for a more efficient method. Is there a performance issue possible if many master rows are to be merged together? It seems that I would be calling MailMerge.ExecuteWithRegions many times for especially complex documents and large mass mailings.

Thank you for any information, Ryan

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately nested regions are still not supported. Mail merge regions can only process one data table at a time. Please see FAQ from more information.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/aspose-words-faq/2711
Best regards.

I’ve written a component to handle nested regions, you can get the code here:
http://antscode.blogspot.com/2009/03/advanced-word-mail-merge-component.html
Cheers,
Anthony.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 39) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(5)